Any non sentra vehicle
Sadly, the Spec V was giving me a lot of issues, that I honestly didn't want to deal with while still owing money on it. I got a decent offer for it, considering it's condition, so we got his and hers Genesis Coupes four our 9 year anniversary. Don't worry, I will still be around the forum. Actually, I will be on here more often now, than I have in a long time... On with the pics...

My wife's Genesis Coupe can be seen here... Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

I got a 3.8 R-Spec with a 6 speed. Mine is the yellow one, if you couldn't figure it out...lol.

Update 1/14/12
Already rolled over 1k miles lol.

Update 1/20/12
New parts have arrived! Hopefully I can find the time to install this weekend...

Update 1/23/12
Odometer Reading: 1555
Under the hood OEM

Air filter still looks brand new. Stock parts coming off...

Nice new opening... Still had to remove the washer fluid reservoir, which was a major PITA!

Just for fun...

Had a little extra help since she wants to be involved on these cars...

Under the hood now... Sorry, but it got dark on me.

Closer look...

Update 2/11/12
Odometer Reading: 2971

Window Tint, finally. And license plates! lol

Update 3/13/12
Odometer Reading: ~3900
Road hazards of Houston...

6/12/12
Random Cell Pics...

8/15/12
More road hazards... This time a lid to a cooler.
Just hit 15k miles.

9/2/12
Started the deconstruction to see what needs replaced. Now just trying to figure out what I want to upgrade while the front end is taken apart.
How she sits right now...

1/7/13
De-badged and got rid of the normal Hyundai emblem as well...
lol damn that was quick
wonder what your neighbors think about seeing 2 of the same new car in the driveway
same here jordan some times i wish i would have just put a new motor in and got rid of mine but now that im 5k deep into the motor im guna get my use out of it before i see it gone
also congrats on the second genesis
Yeah, I picked hers up Friday, and this one last night... The Spec was great for a while, but this last oil change, it burnt over 3 qts of oil, so I decided it was time to let it go before things got really bad...

I will definitely still stick around here though, as this is where all of my true online friends are.
My neighbor loves the cars and wants to go get his wife one...LOL!
Tonez wrote:Yeah, I picked hers up Friday, and this one last night... The Spec was great for a while, but this last oil change, it burnt over 3 qts of oil, so I decided it was time to let it go before things got really bad...

I will definitely still stick around here though, as this is where all of my true online friends are.
My neighbor loves the cars and wants to go get his wife one...LOL!

I'm curious, do you think that was header related or just a fault in the car?
You know, I really don't know. I never did a compression test or anything. It was burning it for a LONG time, but finally started getting pretty bad.

I would make a guess, but don't want to start any rumors, being that I have no evidence to back it up...lol.

I will say that I was still on the stock exhaust manifold with 94k when I traded it in though...
wow.. great looking car. I know my dad wants one and he was trying to talk me into trading my sentra in for one too
07BlackSpecV wrote:
obsidian wrote:The B16 Sentras just aren't holding together well. Good pick up.

I'm telling you man, I would think it over really hard if I would ever buy a Nissan product again.

i agree here even with the 350z and 370z people have alot of problems with them and end up getting rid of them pretty quick
love the brand but its headed south in a hurry
LittleRedMachine wrote:I saw the one on Facebook. I had no idea you both got one. Awesome!

Sad to see another OG car go, though.

3 quarts is awful... lol

There's not many of us left anymore Greg.

Are you going to play with either of these Tonez or just enjoy them the way you bought them?
You probably havnt put the power down on these cars, but how does it feel? the 3.8 compared to a 350/370z and the 2.0t compared to the spec, si, and any other 200hp range car? I hear they dont put the power down much. Im doing some research for my future car, i dont want to be stuck with the 2.0
Definitely planning to play with both of them eventually. The 2.0 feels very comparable to the Spec, I am sure even more if it was a manual...
I haven't driven a 350z, but the 3.8 feels great! I want to get it on a track to see how it really handles the corners.
randy wrote:The 2.0 are slow compared to the spec v. A dude on my street has a manual 2.0t and we raced and stock for stock I walked hard. But they have a lot of aftermarket support and guys been doing like 400whp set up on the 2.0 so it has a lot of room to grow. I never raced or driving a 3.8 n/a but sure it's night and day compared to a 2.5L spec v. It doesn't compare to a z but more to a v6 stang and camero. On paper the 3.8 is better than the two muscle cars from what I remember. Nice pick up by the way! I do love the look of these cars!

The 3.8 is a 300hp car. It can handle it's own and the 2.0t for me would honestly be the one I would go after were I to move into the Genesis platform.

I look forward to see what you do with these Tonez it'll be fun for sure. Last time I checked I think Tomei offered their 3" titanium exhaust for the 2.0...oh God yes.
How does the trans feel? I had read somewhere that someone said the trans felt mushy. I love the way these cars look, but the trans comment made me wonder. Just wondering how yours felt.
Nice man Congrats on the purchases pretty nice anniversary gifts there lol you have my next car haha. How does the tranny feel I know alot of people complained on 5th and 6th it's harder than all the other gears to get into? So I'm debating to get an auto or a manual.

Can you go more into detail about the suspension u[…]

B16 Spec shift knob

I was checking out the TWM bushings and saw the sh[…]

Here are some better shots of the car you found on[…]

or just gut the catalytic converter run a k and n […]