Check reviews for parts and mods for the b16

Moderators: B17 Moderator, B16 Moderator

By gabthewood
I have a header 4-1 meganracing + downpipe megan racing + midpipe megan racing + axleback borla.

My exhaust system is very very too loud and the sound is ugly.

Give my idea to have a better sound (at less) and a bit less louder.

Thanks guys.
By gabthewood
Which axleback produce the best sound.

Stromung did a nice sound on the b15 i dont know if they do the same axle back for B16..?

Give me idea for other brand.

Thanks
By speedbumpLV
A couple things off the top of my head:

#1. If I recall correctly, the Borla mufflers have a tendency to be loud. At the very least I have not met a lot of people who actually like them. What is the size/model of it?

#2. I would guess you have virtually no resonator built into your midpipe? A good (and good sized) resonator will help with "tone" of your exhaust immensely.

This probably sounds like someone having diarrhetic farts into an empty soda can? (sorry for the bad mental picture there...)
By Alen
Megan + Borla sums up your exhaust problems.

You really don't have a good choice on a header but as far as the mid pipe and cat back I'd say BRM.

Cheap exhaust does not equal a good sound
By 20Specv12
Alen wrote:Megan + Borla sums up your exhaust problems.

You really don't have a good choice on a header but as far as the mid pipe and cat back I'd say BRM.

Cheap exhaust does not equal a good sound

I agree. Even after playing around with a different (and bigger) muffler my old set up still sounded like garbage. Now saving up to get a BRM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By gabthewood
yess around 2500rpm it sound like a civic lol

Ok so I guess a big resonator in the midpipe should resolved my problem.

About putting a cat.. i guess it will reduce my air flow right .. ? I don't want that .. I don't want lost performance since I'm doing lapping.

**** And what are you meaning when you say: BRM ???
By Evan
You're still going to have a little rasp at WOT in between 2k-3k rpms with a 22" resonator. At least I know I did. It wasn't much but it was there. With a cat you'll have none.

What kind of lapping are you doing?
By Evan
gabthewood wrote:Ok ...

A 20 min session in calabogie, Ontario and ICAR, Quebec !

That's awesome! However considering you drive your car on the street probably 90% of the time the extra 6-7 peak hp you get from begin catless isn't worth the noise to me to have a few more ponies for something you do significantly less of the time. That's just my opinion though.

Hey all. I am a new owner of a preowned certified […]

Each room is just over $125/night including taxes […]

Small update... been giving the B16 the back seat […]

I have no idea what options do you have for B17 in[…]