Need help with your car? Ask in here.
By mustwatchtv
I got an old 98 nissan sentra 1.6L that has problems starting in hot weather so I checked starter,solenoid,battery,cables and relays all are good so what I would like to do is attach a push button bypass to the ignition switch but is there any way i can add one from the ignition wires by the key? I wanted to clean the ignition itself but its riveted in and I dont want to add any long wires or cut holes in anything...im only going to have this car til aug and dont want to put alot of $$$ into it.thanks for any help anyone may have
By mustwatchtv
ok since no one has an answer,I did more research and found that there are only 2 screws you have to take off to release the plastic switch put a screw driver inside and turn as if it was a key if it starts no problem this will fix it,once done look in the hole where the ignition switch came from and there you will see a small metal "T" in the center, shimming it up with what ever you can find I used small electrical shrink wrap tubing and placed it over the T and heated it up ..problem solved
Thanks anyway
By Joe7morrison
I was offered a 95 Sentra, with intentions on running it in a demolition derby. Only problem is the owner lost the keys. I researched and figured out it's not a chipped key, and as far as I have read, the nats/nvis system didn't come in until 2000 in the Sentra. Can I punch the ignition and start it with a screwdriver? Is there anything I should stay away from stripping off the car once I start preping it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan on smashing it Sept first in Spencer ma. Thanks!
WeatherTech vs. Husky Floor Liners

Hello, I actually just purchased the Husky Floor […]

Window Deflectors/Visors

AVS maybe the only other brand that mounts in bet[…]

I'm shooting for at least 10 years of ownership, […]

Get some d2 suspension lil pricey but u get what u[…]