Need help with your car? Ask in here.
By EthanJM
Hello, this is my first post here, I was hoping there would be a sentra forum and I found one, pretty awesome.

Anyway, I joined because I am at a bit of a loss right now. I have a 1996 GXE, and my compressor is starting to go, it is whining, and the pulley sounds dry like there is friction, and it has a little wiggle. I have never used the a/c anyway, so I would like to bypass it. As I'm sure you all know, the pulleys are arranged in such a way that this cannot be done (if someone does know a way please tell me). What I wanted to do was find a non a/c B14 sentra and pull off the adjustable alternator bracket, but finding one is proving difficult. I am getting desperate enough I feel like I may need to go to the junkyard and buy another compressor and replace my current one, but I would much rather bypass it (as well as remove the idler), there would be a lot less to go wrong. I also thought of maybe rigging a way of moving the alternator forward, this may allow me to bypass the compressor, but I have not thought of a good way to do this yet.

Does anyone know of any adjustable alternator brackets that could be purchased online? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thank you.
By EthanJM
speedbumpLV wrote:May wanna check out EBay sometimes:

NISSAN 117150M300 GENUINE OEM ALTERNATOR ADJUST BRACKET

That may not be the exact piece, but it sounds right....

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I found this a few days ago. That picture definitely does not represent the part, and then I found this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alternator-Adju ... 1668874494

As you can see, that is just the bar. Do you think the link you provided will come with the whole assembly? I might just risk it and buy it.
By speedbumpLV
Ahh, no unfortunately. The link I put up was strictly for the item identified as #3.

So you would actually like to have the entire bracket then? I'd contact them and see if they can point you in the direction of the entire piece (or pieces) in that case.

Or give a ring to the folks @ Courtesy Parts... (800) 527-1909. They might be able to help you out with identifying the items you could use.

'bout as much help as I can be since I don't have the same model :? Good luck though!
By EthanJM
speedbumpLV wrote:Ahh, no unfortunately. The link I put up was strictly for the item identified as #3.

So you would actually like to have the entire bracket then? I'd contact them and see if they can point you in the direction of the entire piece (or pieces) in that case.

Or give a ring to the folks @ Courtesy Parts... (800) 527-1909. They might be able to help you out with identifying the items you could use.

'bout as much help as I can be since I don't have the same model :? Good luck though!

Yea, I'm not even exactly sure what it looks like since I have not seen one in person, nor can I find a good picture online. But you have the bar, a screw, and whatever the screw goes into. Here is one from a different car I pulled from google images. http://static-hp.com/store2/images/uplo ... racket.jpg

I might give them a ring. Thanks for lending what help you could.
By EthanJM
Sweet, thanks for pointing me to this place. So I need 11715, 11716, 11716+A, 11718M, 081208351E, and 00923-20810.
Alright, going to be ordering these now. Thanks a lot man.
By EthanJM
I'm sure it will work out fine. Three out of six were out of order, they should ship within 2-4 business days, then there is the wait to get the parts after they have shipped. Hoping my compressor won't seize in the meantime, I think it should last until then. Thanks again.
Gas Needle/Gauge

When I fill up sometimes my needle goes all the wa[…]

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge