By RiujinZero
I am in no way responsible if you blow your shit up, with that out of the way I wrote this guide to help people get started with Uprev, it is in no way comprehensive so make sure you do your research.

For this guide I am going to assume you know how to flash a ROM to your car. You also need to know how to use the logging and tracing feature of the ROM editor, If you don't then come back after you do, lol.

Basic Navigation:

You edit tunes via the ROM Editor. The Editor is a a collection of lists. When you click on an item it can either expand to reveal more items or open a table or dialog. Tables are edited by selecting a cell or a group of cells and using the "+" and "-" keys to increase or decrease the values within the cell/s. Dialogs are edited via text fields, buttons, check boxes and drop down lists depending on what you do.

AFR Tuning:

We will focus on the 3 main ways you control AFRs in Uprev. These three ways are Fuel Compensation, Fuel Target, and K Fuel Multiplier.

Fuel Target

First is Fuel Target, this is found under the "Fuel" list item and inside your Maps within that. Each Map has a different Fuel Target table. Basically this is what you want the ECU to target. It is the AFR that you are trying to hit depending on load and RPM. The rows designate RPM range while the columns designate load. It actually isn't load directly but if you think of it as load you aren't far off. You can use the logging and tracing feature with this table open to see where the ECU is looking at a certain RPM and load.

This is a simplification but you can essentially ignore the first 3 columns on the left and the first 2 rows at the top. The rest you can set at your desired AFR. For a conservative N/A tune these could be set to around the high 12s. For a turbo tune these could be in the mid 11s.

K Fuel Multiplier:

Next is K Fuel Multiplier, this option is found by expanding the "Fuel" section. You will see the item labeled "K Fuel Multiplier" Once inside you can use the buttons to increase or decrease the K Fuel Value.

What the K Fuel Value is in simple terms is a multiplier for fueling. It's much more than that but simply speaking, increasing the K fuel will add fuel, decreasing the K fuel will remove fuel. The K Fuel is effective across all RPM ranges so changing this will either increase or decrease fueling throughout the rev band.

Stock K fuel is around 27000.

If your tune is running either rich or lean throughout a large portion of the revs you can use this to richen or lean out the tune. This should be done in small steps since a small change here can make a big difference. Typically you want to set this to get your tune as close to where you want the AFRs to be. Once you get close than you need to fine tune with the Fuel Compensation.

Fuel Compensation:

This table is found right above the Fuel Target list item. Each map has it's own Fuel compensation table. Essentially this table represents injector duty with the rows representing RPM and the Columns representing load. You use this table to fine tune fueling to get you to the Fuel Targets you set in the Fuel target table. For instance, let us say at WOT at 5000rpm your car is at 15AFR but your target is 12.5AFR. What you do is find the corresponding cell via the tracing tool to see where the ECU is looking at WOT at 5000rpms and either increase or decrease the value in that cell. Increasing the value adds fuel, while decreasing the value reduces fuel. With the current example to richen up the mixture to reach your target of 12.5AFR you will have to increase the value in that cell until the actual AFR is close to the target AFR.

Some people don't like to run their injectors above max duty while others don't mind. The choice is yours.

Rev & Speed Limits:

This list item allows you to set the rev limiter of your car. Each map can have it's own rev limit. This area is fairly straight foward. Instead of a table you have a dialog. Fuel restore is the point where the ECU brings back fuel after the ECU cuts fuel at the Rev limit. Set these numbers close together if you want a soft rev limit. Set it far apart if you want your car to buck. You can set the speed limit of your car here too if you have the option.

Ignition Timing:

I won't go too far into this since you can quickly damage your motor here with too much timing. Each map has it's own timing table. When you go into the Maps under ignition timing you will see High Det timing and Main Timing. High Det Timing is when your engine experiences a high amount of detonation and pulls timing to reduce it. Here you can set how much timing to pull.

Timing Main is where you adjust the ignition timing for regular use. The rows represent RPM and the columns represent load. The color of the cells represent the amount of time before cylinder max pressure. Uprev does not measure timing in degrees as some are use to but when you increase the numbers inside the cells you are essentially adding timing. The higher the number the quicker the fuel mixture is ignited.

If you are new to this don't change the values. The stock timing should more than suffice until you get a better grasp of how things work.

Quick tune guide:

For a N/A car you want to set the lower right 2 thirds of the Fuel Target table around the high 12s low 13s.

Increase or decrease the K fuel until you get close to those targets.

Once you are close fine tune the Fuel compensation to get closer

This is all for now. You can get decent gains from just these few settings. If people are interested I may go in depth with this but until now hope this helps.

Again, if you blow your shit up it's on you. If you stay away from ignition timing and keep your actual logged AFRs under 13 it is highly unlikely you will blow your shit up but there is always that chance, no matter how small.
Gas Needle/Gauge

When I fill up sometimes my needle goes all the wa[…]

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge