By jface
hey all so have never tuned any of my cars before but have a problem with my spec v. within the last 2 months did the following things to my car k&n Sri, Megan mid pipe and dynomated my KS. it ran fine for 2 days but now just feels completely lazy and when I hit the gas car feels like it has no power. If I do mail in uprev tuner will it fix these issue and restore the power or is there other little gremlins at work under the hood? Any help would be appreciated. ready to throw out my car how shitty its driving.

My full mod list is listed below....also forgot to mention it idles weird at times
By eoak134
The whole dynomat thing is pretty dumb and not a lot of people have success with it. I've stated and other people have stated it either a rubber washers or o-rings seem to work for some people. It's easier to do then the dynomat. I didn't even have to the knock sensor completely off. 3 washers in between the sensor and the block. Zero problems for over a month. Other people have had it on for 1-2 years zero problems.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents and just what worked for me. I don't think it's any crazier then wrapping your fucking knock sensor in dynomat, or a towel, or Jesus' sacred shroud.

As for tuning your car with Uprev i don't think it'll make that much of a difference from what you've been experiencing. Other than it being a little faster when it's acting right. I think there's a way you can perform an idle relearn. I don't know exactly how but someone on here should.
Last edited by eoak134 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Jack08specv
jface wrote:hey all so have never tuned any of my cars before but have a problem with my spec v. within the last 2 months did the following things to my car k&n Sri, Megan mid pipe and dynomated my KS. it ran fine for 2 days but now just feels completely lazy and when I hit the gas car feels like it has no power. If I do mail in uprev tuner will it fix these issue and restore the power or is there other little gremlins at work under the hood? Any help would be appreciated. ready to throw out my car how shitty its driving.

My full mod list is listed below....also forgot to mention it idles weird at times

:no: dynomat is not enuff to muffle the sensor on the B16 spec-v. definitely use something thicker that won't melt.
By Starkles
eoak134 wrote:The whole dynomat thing is pretty dumb and not a lot of people have success with it. I've stated and other people have stated it either a rubber washers or o-rings seem to work for some people. It's easier to do then the dynomat. I didn't even have to the knock sensor completely off. 3 washers in between the sensor and the block. Zero problems for over a month. Other people have had it on for 1-2 years zero problems.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents and just what worked for me. I don't think it's any crazier then wrapping your fucking knock sensor in dynomat, or a towel, or Jesus' sacred shroud.

As for tuning your car with Uprev i don't think it'll make that much of a difference from what you've been experiencing. Other than it being a little faster when it's acting right. I think there's a way you can perform an idle relearn. I don't know exactly how but someone on here should.

I like this new guy, Mike. He's my new favorite noob.

Anyway, he gives some good advice here. I dynomatted my KS just for the hell of it, because I never had the bogging issue to begin with. However, what strikes me as odd is your idle. I don't think the bogging problem messed with the idle at all. Have you taken off your Throttle body? Did you touch it when you installed the intake?

I also find it odd that the bogging complaints seem to die down during the winter and once summer comes along everyone starts bitching about it again. Maybe the heat has a part to play with this?
By Evan
jface wrote:hey all so have never tuned any of my cars before but have a problem with my spec v. within the last 2 months did the following things to my car k&n Sri, Megan mid pipe and dynomated my KS. it ran fine for 2 days but now just feels completely lazy and when I hit the gas car feels like it has no power. If I do mail in uprev tuner will it fix these issue and restore the power or is there other little gremlins at work under the hood? Any help would be appreciated. ready to throw out my car how shitty its driving.

Do you have any codes?

Did you have any problems pre intake?

Did you install the MAF correctly? (There's a tiny rubber seal that goes around it, if you forget to put it back on your car could run rough).

Lesson #1 Never ever tune your car to fix problems. I learned this the hard way and 3 years later I am STILL chasing gremlins. Find out what needs to be fixed.
By eoak134
@Starkles: Hahaha thanks man, I appreciate the love.

I agree with Starkles, if you were to take off your intake you would probably see your throttle body is dirty as fuck. I believe you can clean it with throttle cleaner. Just make sure to let the car run afterwards to burn that shit out. I need to do that as well; I forgot to when I put my intake on. My idle is weird sometimes too. Not to bad to worry about though.

I think the heat as something to do with it because my bogging started happening more when it started getting warmer out. I've been through 90 degree and everything so far and no problems with my patented version of the mod so far haha.

It's nice not hoping someone slams into me and totals my car because it was being a piece of shit. My work commute is 30 miles almost all highway.
Last edited by eoak134 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By eoak134
Evan wrote:
Do you have any codes?

Did you have any problems pre intake?

Did you install the MAF correctly? (There's a tiny rubber seal that goes around it, if you forget to put it back on your car could run rough).

Lesson #1 Never ever tune your car to fix problems. I learned this the hard way and 3 years later I am STILL chasing gremlins. Find out what needs to be fixed.

Didn't even think of the MAF sensor haha.
By Sunryse
Uprev will not fix the knock sensor. I had to remove my knock sensor mod when I went turbo, but I found out my hyperactive Knock sensor still had to be modded with the turbo...I was going in High det mod(the sloppy power curve) by driving over bumps....
By axelrtgs
Lol. I remember trying to tune that out Hugh. And check the gasket on MAF I had a similar issue with mine when I didn't have the gasket
By eoak134
Jjuliano928 wrote:What's the problem with the knock sensor I'm new to the site I have a 2.0 cvt

To my knowledge only the 2.5 has an oversensitive knock sensor. The Dynomat mod is supposed to "muffle" the sensor to make it less sensitive.
By Evan
Sunryse wrote:Uprev will not fix the knock sensor. I had to remove my knock sensor mod when I went turbo, but I found out my hyperactive Knock sensor still had to be modded with the turbo...I was going in High det mod(the sloppy power curve) by driving over bumps....

I mean that just is crazy Hugh. I've tripped high DET mode maybe twice in 3 years and the car was running like trash both times. There has to be something else or a flat out faulty sensor causing you to hit that going over bumps.
By Jack08specv
Sunryse wrote:Uprev will not fix the knock sensor. I had to remove my knock sensor mod when I went turbo, but I found out my hyperactive Knock sensor still had to be modded with the turbo...I was going in High det mod(the sloppy power curve) by driving over bumps....

I think what happens to the knock sensor is when you buy the car brand new the qr25de sounds different internally but after the break in period the qr25deho seems to get even louder. (engine ran fine all through the break in period)it only makes sense that this problem originated from the engine geting louder and faster over time and Nissan forgot to tune it out or didn't want to spend anymore money on testing.
By jface
Thanks for all your replies. I ripped out my MAF last night and gave her a good cleaning and the idle has returned to normal. Now it's just the bogging I need to fix. I completely rapped my KS in dynomat twice but still bogging and shit. and I agree it's bumps on the road for me. if anyone knows the gardiner highway in Toronto it's all bumps and my car can't handle it starts bogging right on the highway :facepalm: Wish there was something I can do just want the car gone now if it can't be fixed its 2 years of this shit
By specVVEL v2.1
If u think this has anything to do with bumpy roads you'll chase this issue to no end(already been there).
I have flat smooth roads and it bugged like a sonofabitch until the ks mod was done with 1/2 inch thick fire retardant grommet.no more bogging.
By eoak134
specVVEL v2.1 wrote:If u think this has anything to do with bumpy roads you'll chase this issue to no end(already been there).
I have flat smooth roads and it bugged like a sonofabitch until the ks mod was done with 1/2 inch thick fire retardant grommet.no more bogging.

Pretty much what I did except I stacked 3 thick rubber washers. They were like the diameter of a US .25 coin. I took the bolt with me just incase for exact size of the center hole. I high recommend this method man. I've had good results.
By specVVEL v2.1
eoak134 wrote:
specVVEL v2.1 wrote:If u think this has anything to do with bumpy roads you'll chase this issue to no end(already been there).

Pretty much what I did except I stacked 3 thick rubber washers. They were like the diameter of a US .25 coin. I took the bolt with me just incase for exact size of the center hole. I high recommend this method man. I've had good results.

I didn't have much luck with the rubber washer because I couldn't find one that would fit flush with the bolt.it's the gap it leaves that makes or brakes it. :thumbup:
By eoak134
Yea, to tell you the truth I didn't think it would work. But hell, 3,000+ miles later zero bogging. I went on a 300 miles all highway trip after installing it and no signs of da bog. I used to get pissed because it would MURDER my gas mileage.
By specVVEL v2.1
eoak134 wrote:Yea, to tell you the truth I didn't think it would work. But hell, 3,000+ miles later zero bogging. I went on a 300 miles all highway trip after installing it and no signs of da bog. I used to get pissed because it would MURDER my gas mileage.

Interesting. since 3 spacers were used U could have had one spacer overlaping the other resulting in 0 gap.
By eoak134
specVVEL v2.1 wrote:Interesting. since 3 spacers were used U could have had one spacer overlaping the other resulting in 0 gap.

The center hole was the exact size of the bolt so I don't believe there was any gap. And the diameter of the washers were a little bigger than the sensor. I don't know if I needed three of them but I don't care to find out if I don't haha. Btw they were just rubber washers from lowes haha.

It does not help that the new Sentra models are ov[…]

B16 Suspension Options

I have an 07 se-r spec-v and have decided to stay[…]

Multiple Related? Issues

The clunk might be from the sway bar end links in […]

You have the SR Turbo? If so, ya sucks that they'r[…]