By UpOn1SERiousV
Will this work? I know that once I hit full boost, most of my exhaust will be exiting to the atmosphere, bypassing the o2 sensors however, on treadstones dp I see one o2 near the turbo, and one right after where the wg meets the dp. I'm not familiar with Uprev... at all, but ready to purchase if it looks like it's going to work... I'm between that or an AEM FIC... I already intend on replacing the 2 primary o2's since they were removed with my set up and I considered getting my dump tube merged into my down pipe... just don't want to if I don't have to.
By Evan
I truthfully don't see why it would affect it negatively. This is something I'm not too familiar with though as I opted for quieter recirculated route.
By UpOn1SERiousV
ok, I've just read that uprev uses the 2 primary o2 sensors and I'm not sure if it uses that alone for AFR's and if once I go into full boost, whether or not it will mess with the software. The AEM FIC allows me to tap into my wideband for monitoring, however with my dump tube, once I go into full boost it registers really rich anyway. I may just see how hard it would be to reroute the wg into my downpipe after all for more accurate tuning anyway.
By thesammythecurse
Re route it to merge and then use an electric exhaust cut out. on the mid pipe
By Evan
Well under WOT your car doesn't use the AFR sensors IIRC.... They are only used during idle and cruising. I can't ever remember which is open and which is closed loop LOL.
By vc3qsym
I'm using uprev and run open dump. Well.. was and ran..
By UpOn1SERiousV
thanks for the input... decided to run with the FIC for my application due to other things factoring in... looked into tuning and it doesn't seem incredibly difficult either. Anyways, out of curiousity. vc3qsym, what are the plans for your car?
By vc3qsym
Full build: sleeved 10:1, cams, headwork/valvetrain, e85, balance shafts gone(raised rev limit), custom intake manifold, precision 6262 turbo and maybe a small shot of nitrous.
Focus on suspension and tires. Mild strip down of the car
By vc3qsym
Should be interesting.
Things are still in the air. A few things may change as I have more time to think, lol.
By UpOn1SERiousV
It requires the least change in my setup. I'm not running any o2 sensors and don't want to mess with getting them reinstalled. As far as I can tell, other than a check engine light it doesn't seem to have had any adverse effects on the car. plus I can install it myself for less then 400. From what the uprev tuner near me told me, I would also need to spend another 350 for a high flowing MAF where with the FIC I can just "clamp" it and trick the ecu to not read all the extra air and just tune my fuel and timing. The shop in VA swore by the FIC for my setup and it looks good reading into it plus it's a third of the price in cost. :D
By vc3qsym
I have my stock maf and cost 100 for tuning.. plus I got my cable for free :D
The maf has to be changed regardless on what you tune with.. if you make over 400 HP, as wendell needed to change his amd that level.
Uprev has way more control and things you can do as well. imo its worth the extra little money. You have to pay to tune regardless of what you use.
By Evan
IIRC isn't the FIC just a sensor manipulator type tuning solution? I'm still flabbergasted how your car idles or cruises with no air fuel ratio sensors...

Keep us updated.
By jpspecv2011
Stitch wrote:IIRC isn't the FIC just a sensor manipulator type tuning solution? I'm still flabbergasted how your car idles or cruises with no air fuel ratio sensors...

Keep us updated.

Are you refering to the O2 sensors?
By UpOn1SERiousV
I wish I had an answer to this as this is the first time I've had personal experience turbocharging and doing any modifications to this degree. I read all my AFR's off my wideband and adjust fuel via SAFC2... car idles fine and goes through the gears fairly smooth... the only reason I'm even changing to the FIC is for it's ignition timing feature and after reading, it's ability to clamp the MAF, and the tuner in VA strongly recommended it. Now vc3qsym, I'm not really understanding about the MAF... like I said, I lack experience with this but from what I read I understood that you could clamp the MAF in order to allow more air flow without any issues with the amount the MAF can read. Plus, on Uprev's site, it says their upgrade sensor will only work with uprev or a standalone and not a "piggy back" as the FIC is.
Gas Needle/Gauge

When I fill up sometimes my needle goes all the wa[…]

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge