General B17 Information
By yogib777
Nengun wrote:
eXcude wrote:I bet you could go x9 w/+45 et easily, IMO.

You really think so? Why wouldn't it rub? Would it look good? 18x9 TE-37s... drool

imo
you will love 9" wheels been running them for years

the nismo will fly with them
volks are light too

worth the trouble to fit
imo

talk to volk
they are expert at proper sizing and offset

almost 2" wider track with 9" wheels
Image20170412_144702 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
By eXcude
Nengun wrote:
eXcude wrote:I bet you could go x9 w/+45 et easily, IMO.

You really think so? Why wouldn't it rub? Would it look good? 18x9 TE-37s... drool

Well I'm no B17 expert, but based off the 18x8 et +35 pics looks like there is room for more wheel. 8.5 would fit on that I'm guessing, so if 8.5 fits @et35 than 9 @et45 would. Be fine.

Thisis purely speculation, don't go x9's and ask why they don't fit and look ghey

Be a visionary :D
By eXcude
8.5 would probably be safe too... where's Brooks when you need him? Loving up on some German cars I suppose :D
By jmende01
would anyone know which lowering springs will fit the 2017-18 nismo sentra? i hope to buy the rs-r springs or tanabe but im not sure if it will lower it that much due to the nismo being slightly lower... any suggestions?
By HyBr1D
I would assume all B17 struts and springs are interchangeable between the years. I don't think the chassis would be revised and changed. I had the same question and my 2012 B16 which wasn't listed on popular brand sites... So, anything already advertised should fit your car too. You gotta see how much lower the Nismo is compared to the base model and compare the difference between the springs you would like to buy. I believe it's barely an inch lower than base so anything else would significantly lower the car.

How low you want to go?
By Mbrice420
jmende01 wrote:would anyone know which lowering springs will fit the 2017-18 nismo sentra? i hope to buy the rs-r springs or tanabe but im not sure if it will lower it that much due to the nismo being slightly lower... any suggestions?

Don't do it, is my suggestion.

The nismo arleady comes setup with "better" suspension then the other models.

IMO, leave it or go full coil over... Other wise you wasting money.
By jmende01
HyBr1D wrote:I would assume all B17 struts and springs are interchangeable between the years. I don't think the chassis would be revised and changed. I had the same question and my 2012 B16 which wasn't listed on popular brand sites... So, anything already advertised should fit your car too. You gotta see how much lower the Nismo is compared to the base model and compare the difference between the springs you would like to buy. I believe it's barely an inch lower than base so anything else would significantly lower the car.

How low you want to go?

Honestly low enough to where there is minimal wheel gap , but high enough to be daily drive-able. Although the suspension is "factory tuned" i think i can get away with using springs rather than dropping over a grand on coil-overs. Not sure what to do..
By Mbrice420
jmende01 wrote:Honestly low enough to where there is minimal wheel gap , but high enough to be daily drive-able. Although the suspension is "factory tuned" i think i can get away with using springs rather than dropping over a grand on coil-overs. Not sure what to do..

Here are a couple pics... hope it helps you choose.
S8 Pics 026.JPG

Factory Height.

S8 Pics 140.JPG

Lowered with Tanabe Springs about 1.5 inch all around.

car lowered front.jpg

Coil-overs from BC.
By HyBr1D
Ride quality changes drastically wheb coilovers are installed but this can be mitigated with softening the dampers (lowest setting). You can achieve whatever you want on the fly with coils, obviously with just springs you're stuck with a pre-set height. I couldn't find any info on stock height on a Nismo but I'm sure is close to a half inch drop compared to base. So, 1.3 or so won't be a drastic different in height comparison.

As you can see the difference above from Mbrice's car.
By jmende01
Thanks everyone for the help ! Coil-overs is my best option , will go with the ones from BC. I guess its better to have adjustable height and spent the extra cash
03 nissan sentra gxe

A 2003 SE-R (non-spec) QR25DE with it's automatic […]

Anybody have this problem?

Hey, everyone! I'm new to the community and I own […]

Hello members I no longer have my spec, I was doi[…]

Sentra work Vehicle?

When you gotta get the wood you gotta get the wood[…]