2013+
yogib777 wrote:now i just run without it

Yep, that's what I ended up doing.
Intake actually sits nice and snug with little play cause of the double couplings.

Filter rests on top of the powerbase for my HID light. Not really causing any damge to it so I think I should be fine without the braket.

Plus I don't have a 350 HP monster under the hood like you Yogi :D lol

20180521_180613.jpg

20180521_180654.jpg
By yogib777
good point
mine shakes it's head enough at wot
to spit bolts

i'm about to shift to RR 245/40/17 bfg RR1 slicks
dot, ex race tires as freebies from Joe

these tend to eliminate most of the shakes and head wobbling
that street tires tend to enable

in the real world these are more like 265s
have to clean them up but they have plenty of surface left
ImageDSCN0632 (2) by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
I reached a point with my Sentra where I can't justify putting anymore work into it. :(

The first Gen B17 just doesn't have the mod support that the 2nd Gen is starting to receive.

I plan on replacing the speakers with some better ones but after that I think I'll be done.

I feel it would be better to save my money and maybe get a second wip that is more mod friendly and just keep the Sentra as my utility.

I still got my eyes out for a used 350z which is something that seems to be falling into a price range I can achieve. ;)
Well today was rotate tires day so while I was at it I decided to re-set the preload with about 4mm compression.
That was BCs recommend preload for DD.

Also, re-adjusted the camber to -1.5 according to the top plate lines.

I raised the front about 1/8" because I'm tired of having to run such a hard damper setting up front. Currently had the setting at about 25 clicks to hard (max is 30)

With the new settings the wheels sit more flush with the flender and I am able to soften to 15 clicks to hard(settings in the middle)

Definitely a lot smoother of a ride. Car doesn't pull to either direction either so alignment is not bad but I'll still have it done.

Next month I'm getting the front brakes replaced so when they do that I'll have an alignment done.

20180610_145205.jpg

20180610_124009.jpg
before

20180610_145719.jpg
after
Seen that they have a disc brake upgrade for the B17 from Hawk performance.

Waiting on a reply from Tire rack cause the
AD claims it's for the rear brakes but my Sentra has drums in the rear...

I know that the All Sentra store sells it but I'd rather just order it straight from a distributor instead having two middle men.

Screenshot_20180615-174524_Chrome.jpg
For the B17:
If it's not the SR, SL, or nismo then it comes with drums in the rear.

And to be honest I don't really see the need to have 4 disc brakes (maybe the turbo) because this car is slow, I mean really slow... 130 HP and that's on a good day when the moon is blue and the stars have aligned with the planets ;)
Update: Front suspension changed and tire rotation

About 200 miles since I readjusted the pre-load, rasied the vechile height in front, and added negative camber and rotated.

I did not get an alignment after the change.

I have noticed the front tires are wearing out much faster then the rear.
20181111_070004.jpg

This is the passenger front wheel. Notice how much wear there is on the inside of the wheel.
20181111_070102_001.jpg

Here is the passenger rear. Nice even wear.

Not sure if it's because I didn't get the alignment or if this car doesn't like that much negative camber up front. :facepalm:
Over the last week I have been getting a weird whinny/humming noise coming from the front passenger wheel.

Had two different mechanics tell me that it's the bearing and hub assembly.

I also wanted to get the rotors machined but they're so far gone that I need to replace those as well as the pads.

The caliper on the passenger side is also not working correctly. Needs a replacement.

Rear drums need cleaning and adjusting.

The heat shield on the manifold is also loose which is causing it to rattle in the engine bay.

I don't know man,the Sentra is getting close to being put on The Chopping Block. :x

I miss my Toyota lol
By HyBr1D
Wow, that hurts... another possibly going to Toyota. :P

I hear ya though, when shit starts to hit the fan it feels overwhelming... this is how I feel about my wife's car... my car is also making noises... coilover wise... but yeah, mod something, something can come loose. I see the car is still running with nothing major so, work on what you deem fixable vs $$$ and manage it that way. Brakes > * sooo, consider the brake job first, since rotors are in question might as well swap out the faulty bearing if $$$$ is there for everything. Rotors, pads and a bearing should be pricey but leaves things open for custom parts to be installed ;) (cross drilled or slotted (if not both :P ))

I myself am considering jumping ship... the car is just too slow and well with this transmission I have in there from another B16 after the accident the car just doesn't feel the same, you know? Actually considering going VW myself since I've been researching the TSI motors so much due to my wife's car. A 2013+ GTI or used Golf R all come with 3rd Gen TSI (EA888) motors so less of a headache lol and easily mod-able... not like a Civic but you can see the improvement.

This is still in the air... that or taking over my wife's car and she get's the new car. we will see. Hopefully you don't sell t but I understand as to why you would brother!
By eXcude
That's just wear n tear, don't start crying until it gets towed twice and you dropped $2500 on those 2 repairs...IN LESS THAN 8 MONTHS.

I'm not mad... totally over it :D
eXcude wrote:That's just wear n tear, don't start crying until it gets towed twice and you dropped $2500 on those 2 repairs...IN LESS THAN 8 MONTHS.

I'm not mad... totally over it :D

All I can say to that is... Ouch! :facepalm:
I'm not mad, just a tad aggravated.

Went to my buddies house to have him check out the whinny sound for himself.

Came to the conclusion that it's the caliper that is not working correctly.

We tried to get the caliper off but the bolts that hold it on were to hard to get off with our basic tools. (PB blaster with no success)

Gonna have to bring it in to a mechanic.

Just gotta find one that will do the work with the replacement parts I purchased.

4 pads=50$
2 rotors=100$
Caliper=80$ core refund of 25$
By HyBr1D
He's just mad that he's gotta spend that money on repairs rather than the modding. heh.

All the common stuff that needs to be fixed/replaced with regular wear hurts the pocket but we know they're coming. I'm almost due for my front brakes pads/disc replacement, still rolling on stock discs from the dealer and like 3rd set of pads I believe and my drums need to be looked at too thinking of getting the replaced with a better drum setup. We will see... I mainly look at these sorts of replacements as an opportunity to upgrade things. I'm going to try and just do a front big brake upgrade or just pads and slotted discs if I'm not able to get the big brake done.

Everything will pan out, don't let those maintenance issues push you away to a payment plan for a future car just yet. I'm currently going through this with the wife's car too, a lot of love it needs now because she didn't want me messing with it. Cleaned out the bay to monitor gasket leaks, changed an ABS Speed Sensor... need to do carbon cleaning new oil to fix the leak and most likely a timing belt gasket replacement. EVAP/Purge module needs to be replaced too so, the car is running rich now.... high gas pressure. Good times with the ol' CC.
eXcude wrote:How many miles on your car? That's pretty common to have the brakes wear down. Get it fixed and you'll be good.

Just hit the 50K mark.

Both my 93' Camry and my 06' Scion made it to 80k miles before I even needed pads or rotors machined.

Just had the front pads, rotors, and the caliper replaced on the Sentra yesterday and the whinning/humming noise is still there. :facepalm:

Fkin 500$ in parts and labor lol.

Going to get the Hub assembly replaced and if that doesn't fix it then this car is gone.

HyBr1D wrote:He's just mad that he's gotta spend that money on repairs rather than the modding. heh.

That's the problem. I have reached the limit on Mods for the first gen B17. There really isn't anything else expect cosmetic crap.

The MRA8DE 1.8, just isn't an engine that anyone is messing with.

I took the Civic Si for a test drive as well the new GTI. I like them both lol
By HyBr1D
Mbrice420 wrote:
eXcude wrote:How many miles on your car? That's pretty common to have the brakes wear down. Get it fixed and you'll be good.

Just hit the 50K mark.

Both my 93' Camry and my 06' Scion made it to 80k miles before I even needed pads or rotors machined.

Just had the front pads, rotors, and the caliper replaced on the Sentra yesterday and the whinning/humming noise is still there. :facepalm:

Fkin 500$ in parts and labor lol.

Going to get the Hub assembly replaced and if that doesn't fix it then this car is gone.

HyBr1D wrote:He's just mad that he's gotta spend that money on repairs rather than the modding. heh.

That's the problem. I have reached the limit on Mods for the first gen B17. There really isn't anything else expect cosmetic crap.

The MRA8DE 1.8, just isn't an engine that anyone is messing with.

I took the Civic Si for a test drive as well the new GTI. I like them both lol

I feel ya man, I'm in a similar boat and tired of inventing shit for this dead chassis/motor. I was looking into Golf R's and GTI's... I just don't want to go Honda, really... I already did a lot of learning on the TSI EA888 motor and already looked into all the issues these motors have. (Ty VW CC), I am willing to get into the headache being that it's manageable to maintain and mod. Honda just feels like there are too many options and I don't want my head to spin. I rather have 3 of each type you know rather than 20 CAI's 20, exhaust options etc...

Hi all. So I haven't driven my car for over a mont[…]

Hi, My husband just bought a 2006 Xtrail w/sunroof[…]

I just installed a new head unit in my 2018 Sentra[…]

The AX-NIS24SWC-6C is all you need