Nitrous, Superchargers, and Turbo info in here
By zx2down
I did. had a 00 S/R back when the ONLY intakes were Iceman, the limited Roush, and the Keman DIY. Used to do some email tuning for them(and Mustangs) too when VitViper was doing ZX2s. He kept with tuning, now does work on the new Civics, I stayed with IT.
By eXcude
Nice.. I had a 2000, this was back in 2002. I bolted it and swapped in the 48 state legal s/r ECU AND had the zxtuner escape tranny. I was hardcore. Man that car was fun. I did way too much shit to it. Ended up sending a piston out the block in 2007ish :(
By zx2down
Had AF/X UDP, FR plug wires, NGP0 ECU, with custom SCT tune, disabled knock sensor and ZXtuner hi-rev cams. Was a fun car but after I bought a 2003 Mach1 it mostly sat so I sold it. The guy that bought it instantly painted it flat black.

Part of me misses it a lot, but another part of me knows it would take a turbo kit just to make it relevant in todays market.
By eXcude
I got owned by bone stock B15 Spec-V in it before I got it bolted. Never forget that race. It killed Honda's left and right though :D

Now I own a bolted B16 Spec-V, funny how it all worked out :D
By zx2down
The first car I remember is my moms '78 200sx, and I'd LOVE to one day restore a '95 200sx SE-R. I just really love them for some reason.

Think about that, the SE-R in 1995 had an LSD, but the NISMO, doesn't.
By eXcude
Spec-V 2007-2012 came with an optional LSD (mine doesn't have one)

I also bought my zx2 without AC... because more power to the wheels :D
By NismoB17
Hey guys I'm going to come out with a basic explanation and I read the Honda flame war on the first page. I'ma hit that first. Honda is cheap, Honda is everywhere, you can find parts for that car in most inner city street gutters. Am I down playing the Civic absolutely not. It's an ideology of fun, economy and is pretty much an ugly FF Lotus in terms of versatility and weight.

Now on to the actual point of my replying. The existence of an aftermarket varies and depends on demand. If there's the demand there's supply now you know no one's going to look at a Ford Escape and man lets start building performance parts for that but as long as it car's got a turbo or is a platform of potential like the brz/86 they will always be performance parts for it the last time the Sentra had a big performance base it was the Sentra SER and V spec now if the Sentra Nismo ends up being that way as well then we'll start to see more support there are some basic support for the Juke NISMO but at the end of the day the general consensus of a Juke is it's ugly I for one like the Juke NISMO but again I wouldn't buy one either because you know it's not really that appealing to me now that Sentra Nismo is released hopefully if they come out with good parts for it it will be more attractive against its competitors that have have that 4 cylinder turbo "tuners" it's going to be hard to compete with those names for now until the Nismo becomes more mainstream

I honestly bought it mainly because I converted from Subaru and wanted a good extremely uncommon daily for when I get my Skyline R32 GTR next summer.
By HyBr1D
NismoB17 wrote:Hey guys I'm going to come out with a basic explanation and I read the Honda flame war on the first page. I'ma hit that first. Honda is cheap, Honda is everywhere, you can find parts for that car in most inner city street gutters. Am I down playing the Civic absolutely not. It's an ideology of fun, economy and is pretty much an ugly FF Lotus in terms of versatility and weight.

Now on to the actual point of my replying. The existence of an aftermarket varies and depends on demand. If there's the demand there's supply now you know no one's going to look at a Ford Escape and man lets start building performance parts for that but as long as it car's got a turbo or is a platform of potential like the brz/86 they will always be performance parts for it the last time the Sentra had a big performance base it was the Sentra SER and V spec now if the Sentra Nismo ends up being that way as well then we'll start to see more support there are some basic support for the Juke NISMO but at the end of the day the general consensus of a Juke is it's ugly I for one like the Juke NISMO but again I wouldn't buy one either because you know it's not really that appealing to me now that Sentra Nismo is released hopefully if they come out with good parts for it it will be more attractive against its competitors that have have that 4 cylinder turbo "tuners" it's going to be hard to compete with those names for now until the Nismo becomes more mainstream

I honestly bought it mainly because I converted from Subaru and wanted a good extremely uncommon daily for when I get my Skyline R32 GTR next summer.

Something that you fail to realize is how supply and demand works. A community could demand whatever amount of performance parts to their heart's content, BUT if the demanding party isn't willing to participate in group buys or simply support by purchasing parts. I've heard this before that the Sentra community is cheap on buying these high demanded parts. Many members throughout the different gen's showed this interests but with little to no pocket change to back up what they wanted. Unfortunately for that very reason the B16 bombed at the thought of being something special and the select few were able to exploit the possibilities with TWEED at one points who gave up on the community with it's lack of enthusiasm.

ANY Honda can out-weigh a Nissan, they've been tried and proven to be one of the better non-cheap cars in the market that are more than willing to be reliable/affordable and moddable. Yes, there are waaaaaaaaaaaay too many parts for those cars but it's what the common enthusiasts want who can't afford a Golf R, STI, Focus RS and any other high sought after car breaking the 30~35K mark.

A Sentra will ALWAYS be a commuter car with the sights of fuel economy, until Nissan get's serious and stops buckling at the sight of it's competitors they will continue to make mediocre products designed for the common consumer who is not interested in changing the car's abilities rather embracing their purchase from the get go... pretty color and cool affordable lines with a hint of aggression.

As long as the SR Turbo is there that Nismo is garbage... for a miniscule drop which barely alters it's center of gravity and "better" steering response the car remains being a non-Nismo aspect... which is a re-badged SR Turbo with minor tweaks. The best upgrade there is the tires really... the brakes were a poor attempt at brembo-like brakes, the same with giving larger brakes on the old B16 to cheap out on their customers... (Lucky B15 crowds) and not to mention the overly aggressive exterior to put enough downforce to render the car useless and added friction to slow it down, I wouldn't doubt if the SR Turbo would get a better lap time and/or 1/4 mile with that aspect alone.

All in all, both the SR Turbo and the Nismo Sentras were a poor attempt at showing their competitors their response and very late in the game. Their way of testing the water is redundant and should of just waited for the B18 to actually design something from scratch to have the ability to take on it's competition as I explained earlier.
By eXcude
Honestly, B13 SR20DE FTW if I had my way. You can pop in cams and boost the stock motor and get 300-400 wHP w/out touching the internals

Now THATS is what I call 'potential'

:D
By NismoB17
I hear you there I had a 12 second WRX that got smoked by a boosted b13 and I mean destroyed.

Hybrid I understand where you coming from as well tbh I accidently left out your point from my post. You are right because there can be "demand" with empty pockets

Tbh gentlemen I just want to make 250 wheel with a tune,Exhaust, intake, and a downpipe that's it nothing crazy
By eXcude
Sounds like it's possible, go for it. :D
By HyBr1D
NismoB17 wrote:I hear you there I had a 12 second WRX that got smoked by a boosted b13 and I mean destroyed.

Hybrid I understand where you coming from as well tbh I accidently left out your point from my post. You are right because there can be "demand" with empty pockets

Tbh gentlemen I just want to make 250 wheel with a tune,Exhaust, intake, and a downpipe that's it nothing crazy

I don't see why the car wouldn't be able to get to those numbers. Barry says there are possibilities in the Nismo at Joe's and the work already done on the Juke... so swap over parts here and there and you should be set to get to those numbers.... reliably... I don't know, heh.
By yogib777
bh gentlemen I just want to make 250 wheel with a tune,Exhaust, intake, and a downpipe that's it nothing crazy

that should be do-able

call 2jr ask to speak to Joe about upgrading whp
don't call unless your serious and about to spend money

find out what it needs AND WHAT IT WILL COST
if it sounds good give them a deposit

make sure they know your intended use
as well as your hp goal

believe me you don't want a ragged edge tune in a DD

took Joe's juke for a longish spin
a 260whp nismo rs
[tune, intercooler, down pipe and stuff]

great fun engine
the juke is a bit tipsy, high cg compared to the sentra

but loved the engine
By Nismo_Sentra
"Soon" for the tune might be a little optimistic.

Spoke with uprev yesterday and they said they haven't even started working on it. They said January at the earliest, probably later.

So my nismo still can't be tuned....after all this time. :(
By yogib777
sorry to mislead
please understand thats just soon for me

my race header, took 2 years
[prototyped on my car]

many of my builds took a year or more

if we are just a few months away form uprev,
well thats just great to me

my 04 used a safc and reflashed ecu's ,for my early builds, including the vq
took almost 5 years to get uprev on mine
lol