Nitrous, Superchargers, and Turbo info in here
Another 2 bolt ons this update.
- AutoMeter Mechanical Boost Gauge
- Saikou Michi dual catch can kit

Saikou Michi kit was for a Juke, the only thing I changed was the mounting location for the left side can. Which is for the valve cover to the intake manifold. ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
good mods imo
very nice

did you change the boost level?

i use a mech boost controller too
no probs for 4 years

2 bits brand
just behind and to the right of the turbo
ImageDSCN1617 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

the catch can was very helpful for me
note how clean the turbo entrance is 4 years later
ImageDSCN0754 (2) by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

i used a cheapie Chinese boost gauge, 2nd one in 4 years
so i appreciate the higher quality gauge you are using

for the AFR i went with PLX
Image20180112_100826 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

nice changes
imo
thanks for posting about the gauge. I just received my sacrifice piece yesterday to make a dual gauge pod out of the pocket above the shifter. today I'm going to start cutting up the pocket to see how many gauges I can actually fit. looks like I might be able to fit 3 but it can definitely fit 2. if I don't like the way it comes out, I'll get ahold of a sacrificial instrument cluster trim and see how that looks with a gauge on each lower corner.
yogib777 wrote:good mods imo
very nice

did you change the boost level?

i use a mech boost controller too
no probs for 4 years

i used a cheapie Chinese boost gauge, 2nd one in 4 years
so i appreciate the higher quality gauge you are using

nice changes
imo

Yes yogi, I have been tuned for a few months now. Peak boost is 17psi.

mothraB17 wrote:thanks for posting about the gauge. I just received my sacrifice piece yesterday to make a dual gauge pod out of the pocket above the shifter. today I'm going to start cutting up the pocket to see how many gauges I can actually fit. looks like I might be able to fit 3 but it can definitely fit 2. if I don't like the way it comes out, I'll get ahold of a sacrificial instrument cluster trim and see how that looks with a gauge on each lower corner.
I believe the column piece is universal for all b17s and it very easy to remove and reinstall. Turn your steering wheel and you will see a screw on each side in behind it. Take those out and you'll be able to separate the bottom and upper halves.

Today was tint day. I had debadged the trunk over the winter but didn't take any pictures at the time.
Next on the list in suspension and brakes.

15% on back windows and sunstrip
35% on front doorsImageImageImageImage

yogib777 wrote:Tint looks good
slowly checking those mods off
getting there
Yes yogi, trying to make this thing as capable as my previous daily turned racecar. Sunfire coupe with a 3.5 V6, I/H/E, LSD, big front brakes, rear Disc swap, springs/struts, poly bushings everywhere and some 225 Potenza RE71Rs.

Since I bought the sentra Ive gutted it and it never had any power options to begin with. So it's pretty freaking light now too.

yes, love it
these are actually very fun track cars once set up

and on slicks, they are way better than even most sentra owners know
drag racing, road racing, auto cross and if you can get away with it on the street
thats exactly what i did to mine

i was delighted to see the b17s weigh less than the b16s
and their engines are designed for turbo use

i witnessed some remarkable prototypes flying around this area of ga
[north ga mountains]

so i know the potential is real
glad to see someone willing to put that potential to use

btw
even with much of my interior gone
the addition of chassis bracing and a roll cage [partial]
brings my weight up to around 3k lb

prob close to your weight?
if so, about 350whp is the start of serious fun
[11 sec car]

no one expects this from a sentra
on a real dragstrip my car is not competitive
[in the 7.5 sec, outlaw, 8.5" tire class]

but for rollons on the street
lol

[the b16 spec v's did not get enough respect ,their 2nd gen qr's were way better than the b15s
and their exhaust cams are a model to every after mkt manufacture]
New Intercooler installed on Sunday May 27th. Works great I just need to have my new intercooler pipes welded up to eliminate some couplers.

I did trim off some of the crash bar.
I also relocated the passenger side horn, it sits right about where the bottom charge pipe bend is coming off the intercooler. As you can see I moved it up and mounted it under the headlight.

I used a 1 side intercooler from CXRacing. Some other guys have been using a different aftermarket intercooler and they've cut their stock pipes. I kept 100% stock pipe usage without having to modify them, in case I need to go back to stock. This is why I personally chose a 1 side intercooler.

Everything was done by me, cutting the pipes, mocking everything up and then mounting and final install. I did have some help from my brother who is an old pro at VQ swapping Sentras and doing gnarly nitrous shit on SR20DEs.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

mothraB17 wrote:looks good. I have been wondering why there hasn't been a move to use the same side intercoolers like the 2nd gen DSMs. I personally have been looking into a different one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22-75-x11-x3-T ... SwICpaDzZP
That one is really tall, the one I used has an overall height of 8" and I had to trim about 1.5" off my crash bar to fit it under the crash bar. There is no room to fit the intercooler ahead of the crash bar. I guess if you wanted to mount it in behind it could work. But that would not be going underneath without major cutting

i got a chance to look and there is a good amount of space to fit a taller intercooler behind the crash bar. the intercooler fitting under the crash bar is some 90s ricer stuff b/c their was only a lower grille on those cars. once those grills started getting bigger the intercoolers got bigger. why couldn't we get a big one. we could have a really good amount of surface area to get rid of heat.
Haven't done much with the car lately. Trying to iron out a BBK for the front but I'm still a little far away from posting anything. I did install an eBay hood strut kit which is nice, it keeps the hood prop from getting in your way. ImageImage

makes it more convenient

i could not find a wilwood kit on 2jr or fastbrakes internet sites
but i believe they are coming quickly
call and ask

in the meantime

you might try strip/street/track hawk pads 1st
i had a good time with them for several years, even vq swaped

try to get brembo rotors that fit
stock size and fitment

cold treat and use hawk semi-comp pads for street and track pads for track
imo

brembo rotors came stock on b15 spec v's
with or without the brembo calipers

only difference was larger diameter with the brembo caliper option
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]