Need help with your car? Ask in here
By NightGhost19
I was wondering if anyone has had issues installing a new shift knob on a 17 SR Turbo? I took the old knob off, which does not twist off. I had to pull up to pull the knob off and had to remove the plastic piece attached to the shaft. I've found work arounds on how to install a new knob with the reverse lockout but all the videos has a threaded shaft. The shaft in my car is smooth and the top looks like a metal file, no threads. The adapter pieces that came with the new knob are either too loose or aren't big enough. Any ideas on how to do a good install that works with the pull up reverse setup?
By macphee23
you can buy knobs with a wider opening at the bottom to accommodate the reverse lockout lever, I installed one without that feature. its just sitting up a little higher than factory so the lockout still travels far enough to disengage. It doesnt take much of a pull to disengage it, maybe 1/4 inch. I threaded my knob on to the plastic piece, but you will have to run a dye over the shifter shaft to get a knob to thread on.
I had to figure this situation out by trial and error. This was a complicated one for me, there isn't much info that I found for the 2017. I'm happy with my results so far. I will post pics if anyone wants them.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]