Moderators: B17 Moderator, B16 Moderator

By TURBOSENTRA08
WOW!!! thats fuked , :popcorn: and randy thats a one in a million shot of that happening to u :) don't worry be happy.lol
By SER Wes
TURBOSENTRA08 wrote:WOW!!! thats fuked , :popcorn: and randy thats a one in a million shot of that happening to u :) don't worry be happy.lol

Yeah that is just something that happened to one person. I didnt put it on here to make you run out and snatch it off you car lol
By 07BlackSpecV
Either way I am going to have to throw this out there...

Switch to the AEM dry flow filter or Apex'i Power.

Resource:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

I use the Apex'i of the 3kGT (VR2 project) and I don't plan on going to anything else. I know once I get an Injen for the SpecV I will be getting the Apex'i Power in place of the provided Injen.

This article changed my purchasing attitude greatly because I was going to buy the HKS double bubble for the 'VR2' before I read that.

Just a for thought. After all the intake is piping and/or filter/maf positioning. The most important part is the filter you use.

Hope you guys find that interesting.
By superblkv
intresting. that apexi might be my next filter. Man that filter cost a mint better be worth it's wait in gold.
By Evil
minor update. There is a LIMITED EDITION Weapon R intake....

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Weapon ... 01/785206/
By Tonez
Evil wrote:minor update. There is a LIMITED EDITION Weapon R intake....

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Weapon ... 01/785206/

*Minor Update Added*
By dway3
Fujita full cold air intake, dirty engine from the winter :|

This is where the filter lies in the car, its pretty deep down and i've had no trouble at all with it when it rains
By Tonez
*Added pics to the first post.*
Thanks!
By Psycosis
superblkv wrote:Just to let people know there is another intake for are cars. After alot of searching i found a Bomz short ram intake. An i got it on sale an that only paid 49.95. That is alot better than 250 or 300. An it work really good.

Not bad for less than 50.00 buck's huh. An shipping was free.

Ahhh this is installed incorrect!
The Crankcase vent should not be before the MAF. If it is then the MAF will get oil on it and you will be replacing MAF's all the time.
If you turn around the Tubing and the MAF is backwards then the MAF housing is backwards in the tubing !
By Meinnocenthah
Whats the best brand for SRI to get? *puttin on my 2.0*
By Tonez
Meinnocenthah wrote:Whats the best brand for SRI to get? *puttin on my 2.0*

I would guess the Weapon R probably...
By superblkv
Ahhhhh. But that is how this intake was designed. The car ran like crap either way I installed it. Then i modified it to look like this... Image. Since then i have moved on tho the kn sri an i love it. I still have this intake in storage after the mod i did it worked really good. I used it for a couple of months an it was well worth the 50.00 buck's after i fixed it.
By SentraSER07
Has anyone got the numbers on stock vs CAI... Just wondering what the gains would be because of the 'RAM style' box might actually pull more air then the CAI... Just curious if something like a Injen would be worth paying for or if stock is better... Also was wondering if anyone has notices a noise difference with CAI... the stock system has a little noise to it, curious if it will get louder... thanks everyone..

Thomas
By Evil
SentraSER07 wrote:Has anyone got the numbers on stock vs CAI... Just wondering what the gains would be because of the 'RAM style' box might actually pull more air then the CAI... Just curious if something like a Injen would be worth paying for or if stock is better... Also was wondering if anyone has notices a noise difference with CAI... the stock system has a little noise to it, curious if it will get louder... thanks everyone..

Thomas

the ram style is only effective at 100+mph. Otherwise most air will bypass the scoop and go over the hood.
By Graphicdude
SentraSER07 wrote:Has anyone got the numbers on stock vs CAI... Just wondering what the gains would be because of the 'RAM style' box might actually pull more air then the CAI... Just curious if something like a Injen would be worth paying for or if stock is better... Also was wondering if anyone has notices a noise difference with CAI... the stock system has a little noise to it, curious if it will get louder... thanks everyone..

Thomas

Well the stock 2.0 Sentra box is a RAM style kit. And I believe the stock box on the 2.5s is also the same. So the 100 MPH reasoning is wrong IMO.

An aftermarket CAI will be louder than the stock system because you are getting rid of a lot of plastic. If you look at the stock system there is extra canisters attached to the box, these are kinda like resonators to deaden the sound. The sound is noticeable but it isn't really loud.
By 1darkV
I've got that intake, no problems at all. The only thing I've noticed, and I'm not sure if its common to SRIs in general, but when its really hot it gets a bit louder.

I did a how to for it here, if you want to see it step by step: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=1537&p=19144#p19144
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]