Moderators: B17 Moderator, B16 Moderator

User avatar
By aspire
#70633
I would imagine that you would need to put a tranny cooler for the 2.0 if you were to run any type of boost. But i can't wait until the supercharger comes out for it, i need to start saving more for it -_-
By randy
#70639
unmei wrote:
randy wrote:Question if the cvt would beat and regular or manual whyy is it a manual would always get thee jump off the tine? Why is it a manual versa could smoke and have close to the same 1/4 time? I'm not saying the cvt sucks or these things u say aren't true but having owned one tracked it nd even street race my mind is set on the cvt. Not impressed. My moms exterra has a manual in it rear wheel drive and a 4 bangger with 148 hp and felt like it would walk my sentra. In my eyes the 2.0 cvt is meant for one thing which is mpg.the ser or 3.5 altima is built to handle a bit more power there fore holding a littlle bit of boost I can understand. But has far as the 2.0 cvt holding power its one of those thing I have to see to believe. Yea things in writing only means so much when I have owned it and seen what it can do. My thoughts change when I had manual versa kill me off the line and keep up with me off the roll.if it could whoop a manual then e is no reason that a versa with 23 less hp should had been able to do this.yet stock share close to the 1/4 times stock. Yea they are 200 ponds less but if the I should had been able to walk a bit from a roll. I would love to see someone do F.I. or spray the 2.0 cvt and prove me wrong. But for now I. Can only say it got me great mpg and that's it.

cvt cant launch. other than that idk, i own one too, i dont have issues keeping up with ppl, esp from a roll. however, it does struggle in high rpms at high speed (faster than 95), but i guess thats the economy side of
it saying it doesnt like to go too fast...lol.

That was were my issue with the car was. After about 80 mph it just lagged real bad. that were I became un happy with it.
User avatar
By Evan
#70649
Are the Vq35 cvt's the same as the qr25's sers & the mr20's?

I know there was a guy on nissanclub.com with a boosted 2.5L altima coupe who blew his tranny a little over 250 lb-ft. prior to running it at that he had it at like 210 lb-ft and had no slippage or issues.

Food for thought.

That 3,5L turbo one sound nasty though.
User avatar
By unmei
#70732
randy wrote:No ser cvt is bigger than the 2.0 cvt.

+1 and it also has the "manual mode", so i would imagine that a se-r would be able to run the treadstone kit on low boost.

randy wrote:
unmei wrote:
randy wrote:Question if the cvt would beat and regular or manual whyy is it a manual would always get thee jump off the tine? Why is it a manual versa could smoke and have close to the same 1/4 time? I'm not saying the cvt sucks or these things u say aren't true but having owned one tracked it nd even street race my mind is set on the cvt. Not impressed. My moms exterra has a manual in it rear wheel drive and a 4 bangger with 148 hp and felt like it would walk my sentra. In my eyes the 2.0 cvt is meant for one thing which is mpg.the ser or 3.5 altima is built to handle a bit more power there fore holding a littlle bit of boost I can understand. But has far as the 2.0 cvt holding power its one of those thing I have to see to believe. Yea things in writing only means so much when I have owned it and seen what it can do. My thoughts change when I had manual versa kill me off the line and keep up with me off the roll.if it could whoop a manual then e is no reason that a versa with 23 less hp should had been able to do this.yet stock share close to the 1/4 times stock. Yea they are 200 ponds less but if the I should had been able to walk a bit from a roll. I would love to see someone do F.I. or spray the 2.0 cvt and prove me wrong. But for now I. Can only say it got me great mpg and that's it.

cvt cant launch. other than that idk, i own one too, i dont have issues keeping up with ppl, esp from a roll. however, it does struggle in high rpms at high speed (faster than 95), but i guess thats the economy side of it saying it doesnt like to go too fast...lol.

That was were my issue with the car was. After about 80 mph it just lagged real bad. that were I became un happy with it.

yeah, i'm hoping that when i get exhaust done it will help with that. i wonder if manual 2.0's get like that at high speed too?
By randy
#70734
i can imagine but probably not as bad. its the 4 banger problem i always called it. lol no top end. lol you don't have a exhaust on your? i had the stillen cat back and the weapon r intake. it seemed to help at first but after you get used to it, it fells like your right back were you started.
User avatar
By unmei
#70736
randy wrote:i can imagine but probably not as bad. its the 4 banger problem i always called it. lol no top end. lol you don't have a exhaust on your? i had the stillen cat back and the weapon r intake. it seemed to help at first but after you get used to it, it fells like your right back were you started.

i am also getting a header and cats removed, so i may notice it moar :P
User avatar
By Evan
#70828
Running on low boost is a waste of money IMO.

My car @ 4.4psi was BARELY faster than i/h/e. I may have been sitting on 220whp @ 4.4psi. There was noticeably more torque, but the car didn't go through the speedometer much quicker at all. Now it eats the mph :)
User avatar
By Tonez
#70910
(Moved to B16 Automatics)
By mattse-r
#76291
okay that video was really sick and amazing lol!! But question! Was all that steam or smoke from the blow off valve? constant preasure being released (sounded kinda dirty lol)?
User avatar
By x1s1x300
#186709
SER Wes wrote:The Altima 2.5/3.5, Maximas, and SER's all have the same tranny.

randy wrote:No ser cvt is bigger than the 2.0 cvt.

You're both wrong. The 2.0, the SE-R 2.5, and the Altima 2.5 all share the same transmission: a Jatco JF011E. The SE-R has an external trans fluid cooler, the 2.0 does not. The Altima 3.5 and the Maxima use a different transmission: a Jatco JF010E.

http://www.allsentra.com/viewtopic.php? ... 815#p71562
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]