Come introduce yourself before posting, don't be scared
By Don1970
Hello all,
New to this forum.
Own a 2014 SL CVT I bought new for wife back in summer 2014. We bought an SUV recently for the wife, so the sentra has now become my daily driver.

It's bone stock, white exterior, black leather interior, moonroof, navigation, heated front seats. Pretty much loaded. As of today it only has 21k and still mint condition. Overall I like the car.

My only complaints:
-1.8 is a little sluggish on acceleration
-No manual transmission option beyond S model.
-No power seats?

I come from old school Ford cars. Last car was a crown vic and yes I miss the ol V8 :(

I'm a DIYer when it comes to basic mechanic work, although have barely open the hood on the sentra. Looking for mod advice and see what others have done to their cars. :D
By yogib777
welcome
though my engine is larger in size than yours
i could not stand how slow this was

first i went vq ,not available to you
but now i run a turbo 4
am very happy with it
it scoots

my recommendation would be turbo
bring you up to or past spec v power

then they are really fun cars
b16s can be made to handle very well

look up proto's build for na stuff, handling and brakes
but i would go turbo for power
imo
By Don1970
Sorry been awhile since I've been on this forum.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.
By Hudson22
Hey guys I just bought an 01 Sentra se 2.0. it is running rough and the code reader is telling me throttle position sensor and pedal position sensor.. they have been replaced to no avail. I've heard there is a procedure with the ignition and pedals that need to be doesn't in order to reset these or relearn them. I'm not aware of the exact prodecure for this exact year and model. Can anyone help me out? It has been a nightmare thanks guys any advice appreciated
By Mbrice420
Hudson22 wrote:Hey guys I just bought an 01 Sentra se 2.0. it is running rough and the code reader is telling me throttle position sensor and pedal position sensor.. they have been replaced to no avail. I've heard there is a procedure with the ignition and pedals that need to be doesn't in order to reset these or relearn them. I'm not aware of the exact prodecure for this exact year and model. Can anyone help me out? It has been a nightmare thanks guys any advice appreciated

This site does have a search feature which works great :thumbup:
Does this help?
http://www.allsentra.com/viewtopic.php?t=9
or youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-AjHCslhs
1991 Sentra se r

Where you located? Any pics of the car??

Spec-V Larger Oil Pan Upgrade?

There is none, the only thing the 1gen qr had was […]

1992 SER/GTIR AWD Project

How much are you looking to get out of the car? I […]

Sentra Fire Sale - Misc Part out

I'm in New Gloucester, Maine. I am willing to mee[…]