Come introduce yourself before posting, don't be scared
By Mbrice420
Not trying to bash the Nismo Sentra or anyones choice in a vechile.

I fking love my Sentra. So far the most reliable car I've owed other then my Toyota.
It looks good( with my help of course :D )
20180515_151821.jpg

And after 5 years has only lost about 6k in value.

Im also full aware of the WRX and it's problems.
Every car has issues, even Nissan, I was speaking in terms of what the car can do for the money you pay.
By NismoCodie
HyBr1D wrote: You both paid below sticker price but in the long run you spend almost 3 to 4K more than a brand new Spec-V for a under powered smaller displacement turbo and probably similar suspension tuning and updated chassis.... pretty much the same thing as a Spec... just weaker. Not to mention turbo lag and better steering than the Turbo SR..... O.o

Again, I was comparing prices with new variants to that of the Nismo which don't bare their "top of the line" brand like an Si which it's sticker price is also at 24K... so, one could possibly get it even lower than the Nismo... this is for comparison, I'm not trying to bash the Nismo... I'm bashing Nissan's decision making skills.

I respect your view. I see what you're saying, but I would have paid the same amount of money for the same package if they had slapped an SE-R badge on it, or a Spec-V badge. The badge means very little to me. I get that you feel that a Nismo Sentra should have loads of power because of the name but this car performs fine for what it is. I drove the new Civic Si and it doesn't feel any quicker than the Nismo Sentra in real life. Although, I liked some of the tech and the interior in the Civic Si's more. The Focus ST did feel quicker when I drove it because it has a truck load of torque off the line. The stickers are ridiculous. There's no way I would pay $26-$27K for a Sentra, but I paid nearly $10K less than that for a brand new car that is a ton of fun and it looks good. Quite the upgrade from my old Cougar.
By powderohyeah
Why don’t we give the Nismo a chance?? It just came out, and who knows what kind of aftermarket we’re going to get for it. I see the platform getting more and more popular. Doesn’t 2j have bolt ons for it that can take it up to 220 whp??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By HyBr1D
The thing is the Sentra isn't a popular model anymore compared to it's competition. I love my slow poke car... would I love it more if it were faster yet still reliable... uuuuh, YEAH... but the aftermarket support wasn't there for either B16 and I don't think it would flourish much in the current model... Nissan has to create something fresh and appealing to the masses and the enthusiasts to pull sales up along with the aftermarket eye.

I'm not only referring to the badge and labels. You throw out a badge.. with history like a SE-R or a GT-R and you expect something. The GT-R name has always been the thriving sensation of what Nissan has to offer and Nismo is more than that... they made an already ridiculously monstrous car named after Japan's Godzilla into an immortal beast when they created the Nismo... thus, the Egost version I believe was their best rendition along with their V Spec... that car with little mods took on GIANTS.

So, the consumer loves badges and labels.. so when you throw an SE-R badge or a higher Spec V badge or further Nismo (nothing higher than that, until they started bringing out Nismo RS's..) you expect some top rated shit, no? the Turbo SR and Nismo is the same shit with style and some suspension tuning and better steering... umm.... rip off? and for more money than it's predecessor.

I expect to get Nismo quality if I were to buy one... not a slightly better tuned Turbo SR with downforce rendering it useless because it won't be able to do it at 180whp... 200hp (crank)... both the SI and Nismo are the same in terms of power as you're stating... and I'm sure a Spec can hold it's own stock for stock. but you have two 200hp crank cars with boost and one NA... the spec will come on top with 3k to 4k less brand new.

But upgrading from a Cougar, indeed an upgrade... heh... I'm not trying to knock your car just pissed off at Nissan's marketing and what they give us which is deemed Next level experience shit.... which is BS!... they're scared to spend to make money.
By yogib777
powderohyeah wrote:Why don’t we give the Nismo a chance?? It just came out, and who knows what kind of aftermarket we’re going to get for it. I see the platform getting more and more popular. Doesn’t 2j have bolt ons for it that can take it up to 220 whp??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is not opinion
watched many dyno runs
driven several nismos [jukes too]

fact,
this thing will make 200whp with very little effort
been done many times
and 2jr can't tune them as uprev has no program for them [yet]

yes 220 whp is likely with mods
add viscotti tuning

and imo,
subjective evaluation of the drive

damn it guys
just recognize , the car is a blast to drive

yes coming from my 350whp model it's damn slow
but so are honda si's

and the juke with the same motor
uprev tuned and lots of bolt ons [including new intercooler]

at least for the ones i have driven
easily make 260whp

and joe's is up to 315

so how long before this motor also makes 300whp with bolt ons and tune

stock off the trailer vs joe's highly tuned juke
this is real folks, i've driven the juke several times
Image20170412_142546 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

the potential is there
up to us to bring it out
imo
Last edited by yogib777 on Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By yogib777
sorry double post :facepalm:

so i'll use this space to express my other side

i saw two prototypes

one that i met in the mountains was a hell of a lot faster than mine
it stuck like glue, went like a scalded ape

and was faster than cliffs honda R
imo

this raised my hopes, terrifically
when i saw the model released

it was like a slap in the face

one other encounter with a less rad prototype occurred on 575

a b17 rolled up on me, hesitated and then floored it

it's rare for a b17 to challange any b15 spec, let alone this one

i stayed in 6th
to my surprise he pulled away and it took awhile for me to catch him
over triple digits

no b17 i had ever seen, pulled hard at 100mph
this one did

where did they go?
future RS models

available in the middle east only
By HyBr1D
I suppose we have to play that waiting game once again... but I'm sure this run at the B17 and it's Nismo version is a test run for Nissan's future Nismo lines and Sentra. I'm more interested in seeing what would be next for the B18 and if Nissan keeps (makes it better) or scraps the Nismo trim....
By Nengun
Grats on the new Sentra. The chassis loves to be pushed. It's hard to drive mine slow. Parts are slowly coming out! The most recent being R-tune cat back exhaust by Nismo...Image
The car is smooth at it's electronically limited top speed
At 135 I have 1100 rpms of engine speed left... can't wait to disable the limiter.
By Mbrice420
Any car has the ability of becoming more then what it is, if you put the effort and money in....

But my argument wasn't that the Nismo doesn't have potential to be better but more of what the car is from the factory.
gohon.jpg

200 hp is a good number that a lot of "sport" sub-compact car companies go with because it keeps the price for the consumer down as well as keeping reliability of the car up.

But lets be real here,
If you take the Nismo's front and real bumper away, the wheels and all the pretty NISMO badges then you basically
have a turbo SR.

If the Jukes 1.6 turbo had made it into the Nismo( which it should have) then the 200 hp from factory would have been easily obtained imo.

2017 SR turbo: Used starting at 15k
2017 Nismo: Used starting at 17K

Hmmmmmm... :? 2k price difference?
By HyBr1D
Mbrice420 wrote:Any car has the ability of becoming more then what it is, if you put the effort and money in....

But my argument wasn't that the Nismo doesn't have potential to be better but more of what the car is from the factory.
gohon.jpg
200 hp is a good number that a lot of "sport" sub-compact car companies go with because it keeps the price for the consumer down as well as keeping reliability of the car up.

But lets be real here,
If you take the Nismo's front and real bumper away, the wheels and all the pretty NISMO badges then you basically
have a turbo SR.

If the Jukes 1.6 turbo had made it into the Nismo( which it should have) then the 200 hp from factory would have been easily obtained imo.

2017 SR turbo: Used starting at 15k
2017 Nismo: Used starting at 17K

Hmmmmmm... :? 2k price difference?

You'd still need to remove the "tuned" suspension and the better steering they "fixed" from the SR Turbo... oooooooh and lip wing. ...and interior...

but, they real picture it's more style than go. Same motor, same tuning... different suspension and aerodynamics. So, stock for stock Nismo vs SR Turbo the numbers would be fairly the same, so why buy should a loud Nismo Sentra for more money that produces the same thing? The bigger wheels and steering just isn't enough for me. The suspension would be replaced anyways with coilovers... soooooo waste of money lol... you could always swap out the bumpers if you feel the need to give it the Nismo look. In reality we make our own Nismo's, SE-R, Spec V, S and R-tunes... So, everyone's Nismo who is an enthusiast is pretty much going to do away with the Nismo non-sense and make it their own, right?

Please, don't take it as I'm bashing the B17 nor the Nismo, just ticked off with Nissan, really... I'm all for the underdog just don't like how they played it when Honda left the door wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open on the new Civic... and Toyota with Corolla ain't moving anywhere so no worries... was a good chance that they might not be able to throw down an ace and pull more sales and create that aftermarket support. So, sorry if I came off like an asshole about the matter.

I do hope Joe has things planned out in producing a lot of aftermarket parts for the B17 SR Turbo and Nismo and I do hope the people who own them reciprocate with a decent volume of purchases to keep the aftermarket support alive... this is what killed the B16, really... all the I wants but no one willing to dish the cash.

This remote start kit, everywhere I look, just see[…]

I have a 2015 Altima with an intelligent key. My c[…]

Questions on buying a 2018 Q5

Looking to grab a end of model year 2018 Q5. I'm q[…]

I have a 2015 Altima with an intelligent key. My c[…]