Need help with your car? Ask in here

Moderators: B17 Moderator, B16 Moderator

By TotalChaos
#43096
I am seriously looking into a B16 Spec V but I currently have a reliable car. I want a car with more power, but still looks good but don't want to trade it out for something plagued by manufacturers issues. I used to have a mid-90s Nissan and loved it. So, what are the biggest, most well known issues with the 2007+ Spec Vs?
User avatar
By LittleRedMachine
#43099
There seems to be a hesitation issue of some sort with the 07+ se-r / spec-v.

I know I never had anything like that with mine in the three years I owned it. Others apparently do, though.

The only other issues you might have are the pre-catalytic converters in the exhaust manifold (either gut them or get an aftermarket header. it's $80) and the brake rotors.
User avatar
By LittleRedMachine
#43104
The brake rotors tend to warp. Mine warped under 10,000ish and I drive like an old man.

I had them resurfaced and they were warped again a little while later. I just kept them as they were until 50,000 miles when the car went away.
User avatar
By rmcr9
#43106
TotalChaos wrote:I am seriously looking into a B16 Spec V but I currently have a reliable car. I want a car with more power, but still looks good but don't want to trade it out for something plagued by manufacturers issues. I used to have a mid-90s Nissan and loved it. So, what are the biggest, most well known issues with the 2007+ Spec Vs?

many issues lol, if i would do it all over again, i wouldnt get a sentra, just me
By wildcard1674
#43125
The 09 Spec V have very little issue to date Mine is just a tad under 28000 KM with the exception of a bogging issue from a faulty fuel pump everything else is groovy, no issue with the brakes or any other except the one already mentioned and fixed

The only mods on the car right now are just your standard Grounding kit from Apex i and there is a slew of after market parts such as intake, exhaust, etc waiting to be installed to my car right now
By TotalChaos
#43142
The pre-cat issue still was there for the '08 models? That's crazy! I am not so sure how much i care about the rotors. I can upgrade those with Stillen's or maybe some other performance rotor/pad! Any issues mechanically with the engine? Electrical gremlins? etc?
User avatar
By rmcr9
#43144
TotalChaos wrote:The pre-cat issue still was there for the '08 models? That's crazy! I am not so sure how much i care about the rotors. I can upgrade those with Stillen's or maybe some other performance rotor/pad! Any issues mechanically with the engine? Electrical gremlins? etc?

I havent had any problems with that. I have seen more problems with people changing their headers here than leaving it stock. And i drive my car hard...
User avatar
By LittleRedMachine
#43148
Just because you drive hard on the stock header doesn't mean it can't happen... It was before your time, but three people went down back in the day. I remember it. Others on here do, too.

Too many b15's went down due to the precat. It's straight-up retarded to drive hard on that header. It's a fail design.

Can't wait to read the whining post when a new motor is needed.
User avatar
By rmcr9
#43150
littleredmachine wrote:Just because you drive hard on the stock header doesn't mean it can't happen... It was before your time, but three people went down back in the day. I remember it. Others on here do, too.

Too many b15's went down due to the precat. It's straight-up retarded to drive hard on that header. It's a fail design.

Can't wait to read the whining post when a new motor is needed.

yeah it did happened on the b15s and i have read about it, but i havent seen it happen to the b16s yet. And yeah if i need a new engine i will pm you for help for sure ;)
User avatar
By LittleRedMachine
#43151
rmcr9 wrote:
littleredmachine wrote:Just because you drive hard on the stock header doesn't mean it can't happen... It was before your time, but three people went down back in the day. I remember it. Others on here do, too.

Too many b15's went down due to the precat. It's straight-up retarded to drive hard on that header. It's a fail design.

Can't wait to read the whining post when a new motor is needed.

yeah it did happened on the b15s and i have read about it, but i havent seen it happen to the b16s yet. And yeah if i need a new engine i will pm you for help for sure ;)

Again, just because you haven't seen it happen does not equal it not happening.

The help you're getting from me is "buy an $80 header and save your motor".
User avatar
By Tonez
#43153
The 07-08 have had a recall on the master cylinder and another smaller one for the side air bag (More just to check and make sure it is right).
User avatar
By rmcr9
#43154
littleredmachine wrote:
rmcr9 wrote:
littleredmachine wrote:Just because you drive hard on the stock header doesn't mean it can't happen... It was before your time, but three people went down back in the day. I remember it. Others on here do, too.

Too many b15's went down due to the precat. It's straight-up retarded to drive hard on that header. It's a fail design.

Can't wait to read the whining post when a new motor is needed.

yeah it did happened on the b15s and i have read about it, but i havent seen it happen to the b16s yet. And yeah if i need a new engine i will pm you for help for sure ;)

Again, just because you haven't seen it happen does not equal it not happening.

The help you're getting from me is "buy an $80 header and save your motor".

i just see more people having problems with their aftermarket headers. People keep talking about this, but i honestly havent seen anyone posting about this happening to them. And i remember a forum about this asking for people with b16 to state their problems with their stock headers and no one posted... dont get me wrong, im thinking about getting one after the warranty is over, if something happens now, im covered, but im also hesitant because of all the issues with the aftermarket hearders. just my 2 cents
User avatar
By rmcr9
#43155
07BlackedOut wrote:The 07-08 have had a recall on the master cylinder and another smaller one for the side air bag (More just to check and make sure it is right).

you are right, master cylinder and a small airbag
By TotalChaos
#43157
So, doesn't seem like too many issues then! I mean, I just want to add an intake, exhaust, TWM products and maybe upgrade the brakes (unless they are fine), lowering springs, and hopefully a rear sway if Progress can come through! Nothing serious really! Thanks for all the input! Keep adding info if anyone thinks of something!
User avatar
By SER Wes
#43159
TotalChaos wrote:The pre-cat issue still was there for the '08 models? That's crazy! I am not so sure how much i care about the rotors. I can upgrade those with Stillen's or maybe some other performance rotor/pad! Any issues mechanically with the engine? Electrical gremlins? etc?

There are some that said that they had it, but i have never seen any posts about it personally because it was before my time and those ppl are obviously not on the net anymore. I honestly would not worry about it. It is a completely different manifold than in the pre07's. It could happen, but i tend to think that it would have happened alot more if it was a realistic issue.

The bogging issue is real, but some have it and some dont so take it for what you will. I have an SER and dont so ya know. There have been warped rotors, but other than that, there has been nothing that i know of. I mean obviously if you do stupid things your car will also, but overall solid car imo. Maintain it and your should not have any problems.
User avatar
By obsidian
#43160
All QR25 engines have precat failures. ALL OF THEM! That includes the 2011 and 2012 ones. If there were some back in 1912 then they have it to.

The 07 plus sentra's had a problem with REALLY shitty brake rotors. I replaced the ones on my wife's 2.0S with some from ebay and they're HELLA awesome. Braking improved 10 fold and no more fucking vibrating while I'm stopping.

Motor mounts are shitty.
By TotalChaos
#43173
Would any aftermarket rotors be fine from like Advanced Auto or Autozone? I mean, I don't replacing my rotors but is the root cause of the issue just crappy rotors or is it something in the brake system? Not worried about pre-cat issues b/c if no one is talking about it, then I don't think it is much of an issue.
User avatar
By Tonez
#43175
OEM Rotors are just poor quality....
Air suspension

Why would you want an air suspension? They are exp[…]

Question/Advice needed on brakes

Why are you getting new slides? If you go to a jun[…]

Deuce/Sentra FE+S/Tallahassee

looking good great wheels thanks for the update […]

look like great fun fantastic trip you were well […]