Need help with your car? Ask in here

Moderators: B16 Moderator, B17 Moderator

Someone sticky this shit. lol

Before I get into anything, I'm going to say this first:

I DON'T CARE HOW YOU "FIXED" THE ISSUE. IF MENTION OF IT IS MADE, I'LL GET SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO REMOVE YOU.

I don't have a b16 anymore, but I want to help you guys out!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In my opinion, the cause behind this issue is the ECU on the b16. I have my reasons behind it and I'm going to stick to that until I'm proven wrong.

That being said, here we go:

I need ALL (I need to know who doesn't have this issue, too!!!) 2007 - 2011 Sentra SE-R / SE-R Spec V owners to post up some info for me.

What I need from you is this information:

- Problem (yes, no)
- Year
- Trim (se-r / spec)
- Options (lsd, roof, etc, yadda yadda)
- Serial number on your ecu. The ecu is located at the front of your engine bay, behind the driver's side headlight. It should (if I recall correctly) have numbers on the front of it. Give me all of them.

*I might add more to this list in the near future*
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's an important thing to note. No chatter in this thread. Give me your info. That's it. No discussion. If it gets stupid in here, forget my help. lol.
(If you do have a legit question, please PM me. I'll be happy to help you out. I just don't want distracting chatter in here to turn it off-topic)

It's probably going to be a bit before I have any results for you folks. I ask for time and patience and I'll try my best.

Where ECU is located

What ECU looks like

Serial Number

Thanks

-Greg
Last edited by LittleRedMachine on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here is the kind of post I want to see:

Problem: (yes, no)
Year: 2007
Trim: SE-R Spec V
Options: Moonroof, LSD
ECU Serial: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nice and easy :)

EDIT - I'll indicate that I've added your post somehow.
LittleRedMachine wrote:Before I get into anything, I'm going to say this first:

I DON'T CARE HOW YOU "FIXED" THE ISSUE. IF MENTION OF IT IS MADE, I'LL GET SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO REMOVE YOU.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's an important thing to note. No chatter in this thread. Give me your info. That's it. No discussion. If it gets stupid in here, forget my help. lol.
(If you do have a legit question, please PM me. I'll be happy to help you out. I just don't want distracting chatter in here to turn it off-topic)

Thanks

-Greg

You have been warned about posting BS in this thread. Post only the info he wants or it will be deleted.

Good luck on figuring this out fellas.
Awesome so far, folks. I have the spreadsheet started.

The ECU numbers are important... but, don't go completely out of your way immediately as this process is going to take a bit. Basically, get it done at your earliest convenience. Keep in mind it is to help everyone out.

As mentioned above, I NEED to know if you have this issue or not. Please edit the previous posts with that information.

Thank you!

-Greg
SPECVVEL wrote:i think we need more information on precisely where this # is located on the ecm for quicker access.

A picture of it would be nice for people to locate this code easier!
B16 SE-R Spec V Part Out Sale

Lots of price drops!

FS: B16 SER catback exhaust

Another price drop!

vibration

It was throwing a code of a misfire in cylinder 4 […]

i like the BFG comp IIs too http://i909.[…]