If you have an idea for a group buy, see if there is interest first
By Starkles
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=227

I've contacted TRFS to see how many people would be required for a group buy and what the pricing would be. As Evan has explained time and time again, retrofit projectors greatly increase your visibility and are way safer than HID's. This is already a great price on a complete kit, and as long as we can get a few people involved we can get a group discount. I'll update this once I get a reply from TRFS.

Btw, this kit is completely plug and play, no cutting or drilling needed. Just bake open your housings, install the projector housing through the existing hols for your stock bulb, and screw down the tightening bolt. Once installed you can adjust them with the existing adjustment screws for your OEM headlights, and turning them is as simple as loosening the tightening bolt, turning them until the beam is level then tightening the housing back down. Couple hours at most for install.

This will work with B15 & B16 housings!!!

Hey Justin,

Thanks for the inquiry! We can do special group buy pricing starting at 10 kits. At 10, we'll do the number of kits in the kit as the discount up to 25, making ten kits 10% off, 18 kits 18% off, etc. If we can get this set up for you just let us know the final count and we'll get a custom coupon code set up for you to start ordering. Please note: the orders are charged up front but ship all at once upon reaching the agreed quantity.

Thanks Justin!

Andrew @ TRS

So with 10 people that makes this kit $243, that's a damn good price. If there was a possible way to get 25 people then the kit would only be $202. Tell your friends, get people on this NOW!
1. Bcamos
2. Willms81 (Maybe)
3. PhantomSr
4. Faja
5. DJ_Xqzet
6. axelrtgs
7. Bu||iT8
8. Akaragiannis (B15U)
9. enter name here (B15U)
10. risforroy (B15U)
11. thesammythecurse
Last edited by Starkles on Wed May 23, 2012 4:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
May be interested if I could get a B15 set up, but money is tight right now.
By Starkles
This would also work for the B15's. I just thought of that and I'll be posting this in the B15 section as well
By SER4lyfe
I'm really interested in Projectors, But not willing to retro-fit. I want a complete unit that's plug and play, But also something that offers better than a 3 month warranty.

So far, haven't come across anything.
By Starkles
This is plug and play. This kit is just as easy as taking your headlights apart to paint them. It's also fully reversible. You don't get better than a 3 month warranty on a DIY kit. Their website even says that if you have the kit shipped to an authorized installer and have them install it then the warranty is extended.
By SER4lyfe
Bcamos wrote:This is plug and play. This kit is just as easy as taking your headlights apart to paint them. It's also fully reversible. You don't get better than a 3 month warranty on a DIY kit. Their website even says that if you have the kit shipped to an authorized installer and have them install it then the warranty is extended.

I don't plan on taking my headlight unit apart ever. Moisture buildup is a bitch, not to mention the headache of ripping it apart, I saw unmei's write up. Not going thru that hastle. Like i said, want a complete unit. (take out the OEM, install the aftermarket)
By unmei
SER4lyfe wrote:
Bcamos wrote:This is plug and play. This kit is just as easy as taking your headlights apart to paint them. It's also fully reversible. You don't get better than a 3 month warranty on a DIY kit. Their website even says that if you have the kit shipped to an authorized installer and have them install it then the warranty is extended.

I don't plan on taking my headlight unit apart ever. Moisture buildup is a bitch, not to mention the headache of ripping it apart, I saw unmei's write up. Not going thru that hastle. Like i said, want a complete unit. (take out the OEM, install the aftermarket)

i never took headlights apart. you must be high.

i have, however, gone though about 4 spring installs.
By Starkles
Well then I hope you're prepared for shitty quality, shitty cutoff, high prices and dumb ass LED rings around your projector lenses.
SER4lyfe wrote:

First, if you don't want the kit then don't post.

Second, if you aren't an idiot it is quite simple to pull housings apart and reseal without moisture buildup.

So, in other words if you aren't interested quit cluttering this thread.

Like this
atirider wrote:
Bcamos wrote:Well then I hope you're prepared for shitty quality, shitty cutoff, high prices and dumb ass LED rings around your projector lenses.

LoL at this!
By DJ_Xqzet
Bcamos wrote:Well then I hope you're prepared for shitty quality, shitty cutoff, high prices and dumb ass LED rings around your projector lenses.

+1 lol.

anyways, if this is for the PnP upgrade, then I'm in. I already have HID's and seen that they have the upgrade for existing hid kits. It's the package that only have the projectors, shrouds, d2s bulbs, and d2s/amp adapters.
By Starkles
DJ_Xqzet wrote:

+1 lol.

anyways, if this is for the PnP upgrade, then I'm in. I already have HID's and seen that they have the upgrade for existing hid kits. It's the package that only have the projectors, shrouds, d2s bulbs, and d2s/amp adapters.

The kit that I'm trying to get the group buy for is linked in the first post. Also, it's the H1 kit, not the D2S. I did some researching and a lot of people prefer the H1 bulbs over the D2S.
By DJ_Xqzet
I'd prefer the d2s cuz it has better high beam output and I do a lot of "country" driving. But they're both the same I guess. Kind of lol. If the price is right, count me in. :D
By Bu||iT9
I'd possibly be in but would prefer the 50w/55w ballast with a higher K bulb than the 35w unit. And if we could select different options.
By Evan
Bcamos wrote:http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

I've contacted TRFS to see how many people would be required for a group buy and what the pricing would be. As Evan has explained time and time again, retrofit projectors greatly increase your visibility and are way safer than HID's. This is already a great price on a complete kit, and as long as we can get a few people involved we can get a group discount. I'll update this once I get a reply from TRFS.

Btw, this kit is completely plug and play, no cutting or drilling needed. Just bake open your housings, install the projector housing through the existing hols for your stock bulb, and screw down the tightening bolt. Once installed you can adjust them with the existing adjustment screws for your OEM headlights, and turning them is as simple as loosening the tightening bolt, turning them until the beam is level then tightening the housing back down. Couple hours at most for install.

This will work with B15 & B16 housings!!!

Hey Justin, I'll respond to your PM here.

I unfortunately was not comfortable baking my headlights so I cannot speak for the ease of install, but if you're savvy I'm sure it's not too bad with the plug and play kit.

Bu||iT8 wrote:I'd possibly be in but would prefer the 50w/55w ballast with a higher K bulb than the 35w unit. And if we could select different options.

Brighter ballasts aren't a bad idea, but DO NOT get anything over 6000K for the bulbs, hell if you can get 4300K please do it. 4300K is the absolute best kelvin for light output as it's closest to actual sunlight. The whole point of a retrofit is because you want increased performance, don't sully that with 8000K bulbs or crap.

DJ_Xqzet wrote:I'd prefer the d2s cuz it has better high beam output and I do a lot of "country" driving. But they're both the same I guess. Kind of lol. If the price is right, count me in. :D

Honestly D2S bulbs are better. I don't ever recall hearing H1 being better, but things could have changed since I did mine.

SER4lyfe wrote:

I had moisture buildup the first day it rained and it evaporated within 8-10 minutes. It has NEVER happened again. It seems to do it once then never again. That's what the guy explained to me when he did my retrofit. He said it typically happens once then never again.

If you want a complete unit do what I did. Pay someone to do it a complete set of headlights. I have a complete custom unit professionally done and my light output is fantastic and have never been flashed once.

If you guys have any other questions let me know, I've spent a good bit of time looking into this stuff.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]