Actual group buys
Oh hey!

So nay sayers can gtfo, sorry for your luck but there was obviously an unforeseeable circumstance with the last group buy. Talk about prompt. Thank you so much Jim, what you are doing for the community is priceless. Too bad I have to wait a little bit before I put this on. Any hints/tips/tricks for install?
willms81 wrote:Damn that was quick.

x100000000000000
By Rennick
07BlackSpecV wrote:Any hints/tips/tricks for install?

I second this... I am going to throw mine on tomorrow (from the initial group buy :o ) and am curious...
I got mine installed tonight. It took my buddy all of 3 seconds to do it. A hoist and impact helped a little of course... To be totally honest, I hate how much my car vibrates now (could also be due to the lightweight crank pulley...?), but the shifting feels absolutely fantastic!! My gf is gonna hate it... lol
Sunryse wrote:Just play with the bolt to give more space, will reduce engine vibration, and what tool did your buddy use

What do you mean? Do you mean to lengthen the mount? He used an electric impact...
Rennick wrote:
Sunryse wrote:Just play with the bolt to give more space, will reduce engine vibration, and what tool did your buddy use

What do you mean? Do you mean to lengthen the mount? He used an electric impact...

Ya I wouldn't do that, I don't think that would do anything anyway because it is a solid steel structure. Just keep it the same length as the stock unit. And your car reverberates because of the solid motor mount. That's what they do, you sacrifice some livability for having the engine locked down and secure.
By Rennick
07BlackSpecV wrote:And your car reverberates because of the solid motor mount. That's what they do, you sacrifice some livability for having the engine locked down and secure.

Ya i know. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't do anything wrong on the install :)
Update:

For the ones who need to replace their bushings of this mount.

I found bushings from energy suspension with item number 4.2126G that fit exactly. They will need to be cut down however I believe Jim did the same because the ones that came out depict that they were also cut.

Here is where i bought mine https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C ... UTF8&psc=1

And a picture

For the ones who are curious of the grade of the polyurethane, it is a 95A grade. I believe this is the strongest/stiffest of polyurethane you can get.

where in NH did you go?

NP anytime.

Hopefully nothing serious, GL! Yep, everything […]

17 SRt's

no report on larger turbos but different intercool[…]