User avatar
By aaronsummers
#141447
Just thought I would share this. I had to go back to the ECU controlling the tune because my neo took a dump. I got it replaced but haven't retuned the car but I took this pic of my a/f's on stock settings.

Image

Image
User avatar
By aaronsummers
#141452
Yea that's not surprising. B16's run really rich from the factory but I think they do that to compensate for lower fuel grades.

Not a big deal, I'll clean up the air fuels when I start to retune.
User avatar
By Jarek
#141590
Typical nissan. B15s are the same way.
User avatar
By Jarek
#141665
KingDNH wrote:Mine was in the high 10s low 11s stock.


I'm sure mine was too, but when I dyno'd my car a couple years ago my Spectre Filter was so restrictive it not only threw a Code, but the dyno could barely get a AFR reading, it was 9's and 10's. I should have left the K&N on that pull.
User avatar
By RSPECTH V
#142901
aaronsummers wrote:Yea that's not surprising. B16's run really rich from the factory but I think they do that to compensate for lower fuel grades.

Not a big deal, I'll clean up the air fuels when I start to retune.


Where were you running your AFR at when tuned?
By BlackoutV
#142902
Tuned n/a you should shoot for like 13.1ish.
User avatar
By RSPECTH V
#142903
BlackoutV wrote:Tuned n/a you should shoot for like 13.1ish.



Thanks I just found this :thumbup:

For NA (naturally aspirated) cars, AFRs should usually range from 14.7:1 at idle and very light throttle, 14:1 to 13:1 at partial throttle, and around 12.5:1 at wide-open throttle.
User avatar
By aaronsummers
#142932
When it was tuned we set it as close to 12.9 as we could get it under wot. I had the neo set so anything under 50% throttle would just use the ecu to control it and after that would use the neo. Only problem was there was a few time I could go wot at about 2500 rpm and the drive by wire wouldn't let it open the throttle over 50% for a few seconds and the car would run rich for a second then back off when the neo took over but it never bothered me as long as it would go rich and not lean.
User avatar
By RSPECTH V
#144451
aaronsummers wrote:When it was tuned we set it as close to 12.9 as we could get it under wot. I had the neo set so anything under 50% throttle would just use the ecu to control it and after that would use the neo. Only problem was there was a few time I could go wot at about 2500 rpm and the drive by wire wouldn't let it open the throttle over 50% for a few seconds and the car would run rich for a second then back off when the neo took over but it never bothered me as long as it would go rich and not lean.



Thats why I am liking the Uprev. you can tweek it through the whole RPM range.
wot 2500 rpm will scream now and so on. Problem is I can play with it and play with it. Realy need to take it to the dyno to get it just right.
User avatar
By aaronsummers
#144460
Oh I can change it all threw the rpm range it's just I would like a way to tune it for load instead of throttle or get a throttle controller to fix the drive by wire issue.
User avatar
By mdh
#145086
Mine is an 11 afr low end the when I get up in the RPMs it goes down to high 10's
User avatar
By Man Whore
#145089
yea the QR runs rich from the factory... whether its a b15 or b16
User avatar
By RSPECTH V
#145114
Mine did run a 10.5 to 11.1. Now I am set at 12.8 I can feel the difference.
User avatar
By mdh
#145353
Well I was at the track yesterday, and when I woul lightly adjust it toget around a 12.5 afr, I ran a 15.3, then I change it to stock 11.0 tune and I ran the exact same time. I don't notice any difference.
User avatar
By aaronsummers
#145354
Before when cruising I would be 12s and 13s just cruising. Well this weekend I get a CEL about my lower 02 sensor. I replaced that sensor and now crushing im in 14's! I didn't even know it was bad but it made a hell of a difference.

I also re-tuned my car this weekend also so under wot im about 12.9.

Car feels soooo much better after putting that new 02 sensor in, idles better and everything.
User avatar
By mdh
#145356
Nice! Yeah my stock tune cruising is around 14-14.5... But when I go wot it goes from 12's low, to 10's high rpm...
User avatar
By RSPECTH V
#145369
mdh wrote:Well I was at the track yesterday, and when I woul lightly adjust it toget around a 12.5 afr, I ran a 15.3, then I change it to stock 11.0 tune and I ran the exact same time. I don't notice any difference.


I forgot to put in there my timing was changed also. Thats where I am feeling some difference.

Good #s at the track by the way.
User avatar
By mdh
#145394
Last time I was at the track I ran 15.1-15.2's all day... That was before the bsr chain cut and with horrible shitty tires. I didn't think it was that great of a time, but it wasn't horrible.

It does not help that the new Sentra models are ov[…]

B16 Suspension Options

I have an 07 se-r spec-v and have decided to stay[…]

Multiple Related? Issues

The clunk might be from the sway bar end links in […]

You have the SR Turbo? If so, ya sucks that they'r[…]