Anything and everything goes, do not get butthurt in here
By Aeronautica
Hey guys,

Long time since I posted a thread in here. I wanted to share this with Jamaul and I thought that maybe some other people might find this useful.

I went through some headphones over the years, including some nice Sennheiser and Beyerdynamics in the +$320-$380 range. I had been down the in-ear "earbud" path (as opposed to headphones) before, but in comparison I never tolerated them. I never found they sounded or even fit right. I wanted to attack this again so I could listen to my own music at the gym, or when I jog. I also wanted noise isolation.

I went looking on Aliexpress for earphones under $20 and didn't expect much, but I found some really cool designs from a Chinese company called Knowledge Zenith (abbreviated KZ). I was looking at the higher end models, when I read that people were finding the new ATE model earphones to be all really good. The KZ ATE is also known as the Archon AEA-700 in Asia. They use single small drivers with diaphragms stated as made of beryllium copper by Hitachi, Japan. The improved stiffness should push the first breakup node out of the human hearing range. So, unlike many other earphones the treble should be smooth, not peaky. They come in silver or transparent black, choice of "with mic" or "without mic". I chose without mic, transparent black.

Image Image

They took 3 weeks to come from China, which is pretty decent for my rural location. They came in a badge shaped plastic container with two pair of soft silicon ear inserts (M and L size) and one pair of foam inserts. The plug is 90 degrees and gold plated. The earphones look nice and surprisingly fit great inside my ears. To put them in, I insert them with the corresponding hand but use my opposite hand behind my head to lift on my ear lobe while inserting them (instead of just shoving them in). Basically, the that's the same procedure recommended for earplugs.

The left and right wires have a small weight that loops behind the ear lobe, so that the earphones aren't pulled out when the wearer moves around. Sound/vibration does transmit up the wire, so I'm hoping they come out with a wireless Bluetooth version later. I'd happily pay the difference. As for noise isolation, I used the large silicon inserts and they seemed to block everything out, probably better than 35db attenuation. I was left with the low frequencies of my own blood flow and breathing, lol. The music sound is great; channel matching is perfect; both left and right speakers sound equal. The bass extends deep, well into subwoofer territory. My full size over-ear headphones don't go this deep. The mid-range is clear, but it's apparent to me that the shape of my inner ear doesn't allow a flat response when any speaker is put directly into my ear cavity - I guess that's my physiology. The treble is without any noticeable peakiness. After listening for about an hour at normal speaking volume I had no discomfort.

Image Image

Alright! I on Aliexpress during a sale. This store in the link has tons of ear tips, components, carry cases and accessories too:
Shenzen HCKexin Electronic Tecnology Co.,Ltd:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1825606 ... 5.5.fs0L0B
The KZ ATE:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 02897.html

Alternatively, you can visit the Official KZ Store:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1358152

Highest regarded models:

KZ HDS2 "Micro Ring"
KZ ED9
KZ ATE
KZ ED3
KZ ZS1, the non-powered version of the KZ ZN1.
By jamaul08
Cody!!!!! So glad to have you back bro.

These look great and knowing your audiophile background I trust this review. I'll be ordering my pair in a few days and will give my own little review when they come in.

Thanks for this!
Did a little searching, found these on Amazon for $14.98 with free shipping.

Going to give them a shot.
By ericfigg
Hello there,
Thank you for sharing this precious Information with us about Aeronautica's earbud & headphone.
Earphones can connect to your smartphone through a 3.5mm cable or wirelessly over Bluetooth, depending on the model. Wired earphones are generally less expensive, and you don't need to worry about keeping them charged. Bluetooth earphones are more convenient because you don't have to physically connect them to your smartphone, but they need battery power to work. For the most part, you won't find a 3.5mm port and removable cable on Bluetooth earphones; when they're out of power, they're out of commission until you charge them again.
Thanks

Interesting... Do you happen to know which kit he […]

welcome @Desy28 start your own thread, post some[…]

i have never been able to do the idle relearns, of[…]

Wow, 4 years since last post. Blast from the past.[…]