BlackoutV wrote:
duesMANdella wrote:
silverspec wrote:Honestly, you guys are getting way to serous about the whole thing....calm down, its not that hard :)

well i feel bad for dave since its his only ride if somethin goes wrong

don't worry jesse, I'm not that worried...we'll get through it...

btw, if we break it i'll just use the b13 as my DD until we fix it :D

hahah the b13 doesnt see snow :ninja:
you could use my spec v lol
Sounds like Dave likes to look on the bright side of things...lol. :thumbsup: :dave:

Really though, you guys should do fine. Just make sure to remember where everything goes back on...lol.
07BlackedOut wrote:Sounds like Dave likes to look on the bright side of things...lol. :thumbsup: :dave:

Really though, you guys should do fine. Just make sure to remember where everything goes back on...lol.

yea im not worried...ive studied more for this than any test ive ever taken LOL
Man I really wish I would have seen this before I started pulling my head off, I used the haynes manual and fsm. Tells you to remove the lowe and upper oil pan which I did. Rediculous amount of stuff you have to do to tget the head off according to the manuals. Once again I'm mad at myself for not seeing this haha, getting the timing chain back on just right is a bitch what I hear from some nissan techs. Oh well. Thanks for the guide
great write up, i been mauling this over because of the tubro build that has taken me 2-3 year :punchballs: any who i was looking at my alldate and found this job BOOKS for 11.8 hours incase any of you guys reading are thing about doing this in a day... good luck... but i just thought i drop that number out there to give you an idea how much you are getting yourself into
I did mine in a weekend. Started Saturday and ended Sunday afternoon. But I took my time and had the tools and parts needed. I could do it in a day now easily.

Sent from I35 while talking on the phone, eating a cheeseburger, and street racing your mom's car.
This is great information! I fixed my engine (This car is excellent!!!) and friend one successfully by this except below.
1. Find TDC: simply look at the crank pulley (TDC is the first mark from the left on the pulley). Also check that the cam lobes on #1 cylinder are pointing away from the centre of the motor, if they are pointing toward the centre, rotate the motor one full rotation clockwise. Again check the crank pulley to see that it is on TDC. I can lend to you the workshop manual in Perth (Chinese version but diagram is same).
(pictures in files)

2. “Run a tap into the cylinder head bolt holes in the block.” You don’t have to do if you remove the head bolts properly. My both ENGINES didn’t do it.
3. Tighten head bolts by the “degrees” is better. This way called “torque to yield head bolts”… Data you could find on your new head gasket.
4. Remove the timing chain tensioner: just simply remove 2 bolts to get it but carefully don’t let any (bolt, spring, and piston) fall down! It is hard to push the piston back due to not enough space for tools.
Follow the moderator instruction you will get it and the car is definitely like new!
Attachments
lobe.JPG
曲轴轮标记_副本.jpg

Do you have any recommendations as to where to ge[…]

B16 Spec shift knob

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017[…]

I have one...are you still looking?

Are you still looking for a steering wheel with th[…]