By Dylan
Hi Guys,

I need your help and advise on this:
Vehicle specs: Nissan Sentra 2005 1.8s

Story: I decided to clean the throttle body/Air flow sensor to get a better MPG about a month ago, while cleaning them, I did not disconnect the battery terminals and and sprayed the cleaner into Throttle body cleaner and opened up the valve with my hand and using some paper cleaner to clean it a bit,

After assembling everythinh together Engine Light went up and thecar IDLE in park / Neutral position fluctuates and jumps between 1500 to 2100 rpm and In DRIVE it running at 1100 and car is hesitating to stop and running faster than it should.

I got a code for P0507 , I ran it for another 150 miles to see if it goes away but it didn't so I decided to do a complete clean up and dissembled the throttle body and air housing units with all safety items (Disconnecting battery first), I assembled them again and engine light came on again after 3-4 miles and the same hesitation, so I searched a bit and I found out I need to do a relearn procedure after throttle body is getting cleaned, so I've been doing some unsuccessful Re-Learn Procedures and couldn't find the right complete way of re adjusting the idle to 600-700rpm,

I have these two questions:
1) How Can I diagnose that I need to change my throttle body completely to fix the problem? What is a good budget brand to fix it?

2) What is the IDLE RELEARN PROCEDURE I need to do ? I may not be fully clear of the right way to do it !

&
WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST ME TO DO ?
THANK YOU ALL,
Dylan
i have never been able to do the idle relearns, often called the pedal dance

it can be achieved two other ways
nissan dealer
or aftermarket dongle and phone app
nissan data aid, torque pro etc

very tricky to do otherwise

need a stop watch and all engine factors in parameter [see fsm]
for the ecu to accept it

often reported the pedal dance takes several attempts to achieve

this is your problem imo
a new tb will require the same thing

the tb is very sensitive and will often require a relearn even if you just remove and replace it
and certainly if you mess with it at all

imo
Gas Needle/Gauge

When I fill up sometimes my needle goes all the wa[…]

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge