Moderators: B17 Moderator, B16 Moderator

By stylerb2011
I am about to put a Pioneer Double Din radio in my O7 Spec V and I am wondering what people have done with the screen above the stock radio. I have put an aftermarket radio in before and left the screen but i didnt like how it had no function after the stock headunit was out. Are you just keeping it there or are you taking out the screen and making a little cubby behind it. Im a noob to the forum so go easy on me. Thanks.
There is also an adapter which you can buy that will let you retain steering wheel controls, driver display screen, and Bluetooth function.

Do an internet search for "NIRD-01", should get you in the right direction if you wish to keep the screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using smoke signals
I actually work in the parts department at a nissan dealership and i did a little digging. I think im just going to go with the radio frame that comes with the SER model. It will allow me to keep the guage pods but the screen will be replaced with a little pocket. Thanks for the help.
speedbumpLV wrote:There is also an adapter which you can buy that will let you retain steering wheel controls, driver display screen, and Bluetooth function.

Do an internet search for "NIRD-01", should get you in the right direction if you wish to keep the screen.

thats a nice set-up
i'll have to remember this when i go with an aftermarket head unit....
By bakerboard
speedbumpLV wrote:There is also an adapter which you can buy that will let you retain steering wheel controls, driver display screen, and Bluetooth function.

Will this work for any aftermarket head unit? Because I plan on getting a jvc headunit.

Edit: found this.. A review on it. Check it out!

http://allsentra.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=2936
bakerboard wrote:

Will this work for any aftermarket head unit? Because I plan on getting a jvc headunit.

yo josh the guy who wrote that thread
didn't install metra part number 99-7422 which is their dash kit for single din units
thats why his opening in the dash was bigger
and he couldn't install the keypad the rite way....
i just figured i would mention this just in case you didn't happen to notice that
TURBOSENTRA08 wrote:
bakerboard wrote:

yo josh the guy who wrote that thread
didn't install metra part number 99-7422 which is their dash kit for single din units
thats why his opening in the dash was bigger
and he couldn't install the keypad the rite way....
i just figured i would mention this just in case you didn't happen to notice that

Oh, nope I didn't notice that.
By AllenK75
stylerb2011 wrote:I actually work in the parts department at a nissan dealership and i did a little digging. I think im just going to go with the radio frame that comes with the SER model. It will allow me to keep the guage pods but the screen will be replaced with a little pocket. Thanks for the help.

Kind of curious if i could get that for my base model ? Also if i could install the gauges that come in it normally. Do the sr's come with those gauges ?
AllenK75 wrote:
stylerb2011 wrote:I actually work in the parts department at a nissan dealership and i did a little digging. I think im just going to go with the radio frame that comes with the SER model. It will allow me to keep the guage pods but the screen will be replaced with a little pocket. Thanks for the help.

Kind of curious if i could get that for my base model ? Also if i could install the gauges that come in it normally. Do the sr's come with those gauges ?

If i were still at work i could tell you if it would fit in your model car. Also, I would think there is a way to put the gauges in your car if the dash is the same size. Might have to do a little modifying if the dash isnt the same size but you could make it work. Im sure someone on here knows if it would fit in your car or not. And again with the sr having the gauges, i could tell you if i were at work but off the top of my head i have no clue. If you dont know by tomorrow i will post something about it while im at work.
By nissanguru
The SRs don't come with the gauges just the SER and Spec V but I have to imagine the wiring would still be there

Do you have the part number I've wanting this radio frame forever but i can't find it
JuanUrrego18 wrote:

Do you have the part number I've wanting this radio frame forever but i can't find it

+1, I've been wanting to do this forever, I'm tired of looking at the dead data screen. I don't want to continue to use it with the nird system, I just wanna replace it with the pocket. The Metra turbo pocket won't fit.
Hey guys just thought i'd throw this out there... the part number that you are searching for is 68260-ZT51C. I have an 07 spec v, and it says the part is only for 2010 -12, but i think that's just because they didn't have navigation in them until then which made it pointless to have the info bar. I'm buying it and I'll give ya a heads up if it fits or not!
ALLSENTRA.COM decal/sticker

We do have an official AllSentra decal that's been[…]

Used ye olde nite ize tool there to put my license[…]

How have the stock engine internals endured @9psi […]

How to install rocker moldings

Should be very easy, just some clips I believe