People with deep pockets that want to stay N/A
Hey guys, I have an 03 spec-v and I have a few questions about parts, i know a decent amount about cars and working on them but I'm still learning and need some pointers, I got my car about 2 months ago and Im planning on doing some work to it.

The first question is on spark plugs, I read a previous thread and came to the conclusion that the NGK iridiums are the plugs to go with, when I install them am I going to need to space them? And if so what degree do I go to?

My second question is my main one, because of the cat issues the b15s have, i decided I want to get a whole new exhaust system I looked around for what I could find for sale, what's going to be my best option on a budget? I read about the set ups as far as the 4:1 the 4:2:1 and I know the 4:1 is going to give me the best performance but I don't want something to loud or raspy, what kind of muffler should I buy? And as far as resonators go do you i just go to a exhuast shop and buy some from them and have them weld it on, or are them some resonators I could independently, how many would I need? And would they give me the back pressure I need? I know this a big question but I appreciate all the help I can get,

Is it worth getting a cold air intake and if so what kind, also on a budget if possible.

And my last question is I need new brakes, I was mainly looking on ebay but I couldn't really find any full sets of rotors and pads, what's going to be my best option and is there anything special about installing them or is it like most other brake jobs. I appreciate all the help.
Eli Blue98 wrote:Hey guys, I have an 03 spec-v and I have a few questions about parts, i know a decent amount about cars and working on them but I'm still learning and need some pointers, I got my car about 2 months ago and Im planning on doing some work to it.

The first question is on spark plugs, I read a previous thread and came to the conclusion that theNGK iridiums are the plugs to go with, when I install them am I going to need to space them?And if so what degree do I go to?

My second question is my main one, because of the cat issues the b15s have, i decided I want to get a whole new exhaust system I looked around for what I could find for sale, what's going to be my best option on a budget? I read about the set ups as far as the 4:1 the 4:2:1 and I know the 4:1 is going to give me the best performance but I don't want something to loud or raspy, what kind of muffler should I buy? And as far as resonators go do you i just go to a exhuast shop and buy some from them and have them weld it on, or are them some resonators I could independently, how many would I need? And would they give me the back pressure I need? I know this a big question but I appreciate all the help I can get,

Is it worth getting a cold air intake and if so what kind, also on a budget if possible.

And my last question is I need new brakes, I was mainly looking on ebay but I couldn't really find any full sets of rotors and pads, what's going to be my best option and is there anything special about installing them or is it like most other brake jobs. I appreciate all the help.

lets start with the plugs
iridium are great performance plugs and come pre-gapped at .042"
iridium compared to copper
ImageDSCN0779 (2) by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

for exhaust
just too many options

other opinions will emerge
check the allsentra store

i went with a 2jr side exhaust
Image20160516_102935 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
ImageDSCN1591 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
ImageDSCN1584 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr