2000-2006
Hey everyone!

Thought I would start a showoff thread. Just got my '05 sentra a couple of months ago. She's a regular 1.8, though I do dream of owning an '04-06 spec-v after her. Anyways she started off stock but I have now bought new rims for her. Here are some pics of her stock:

So I thought she looked pretty boring being stock.. And I realized she had huge potential. So I began my long project of modding her. i figured rims would make a big impact at first so I decided to get her some new kicks.. Went and bought these: (minus the red ring.. maybe I should have gotten it.. naw I like the way she looks..)

While I was waiting for those to come in (they were coming from cali), I bought a new passenger visor (old one was broke) and new black floor mats.. Next I need to get a new black steering wheel cover.

Then the wheels came in. I loved them. Now I tried to take pics of them but for some reason THE FREAKIN SPOKES WOULDN'T SHOW UP IN THE PHOTOS. It looked like an ugly plain black wheel. I guess you'll have to take my word for it.. They look GREAT in person, and the car looks much better already. I took some pics up close and the spokes showed up more clearly. idk y they don't show when I take pics, might be my camera.. Also in the first pic there are scratches on the wheel. The tire store scratched them when putting it on so they are ordering me a new wheel.

Now here's the photos where the spokes don't show and it looks like ugly ghetto wheels.. Idk why:

That's all I got so far. Next month I'm putting on some SE-R headlights and HID bulbs.. Then off to get tinted windows and a spoiler. After that I hope to get a stereo system. Nothing over the top, just your regular Kenwood reciever and two 6 1/2s and two 6x9s.

In my noob intro I said I was gonna do a WHOLE BUNCH to the car, but I'm just gonna keep all the mods minor. It is afterall JUST a 1.8 auto. After this one I want to own a REAL '05 Spec-V which I can really mod. Also this one has close to 170K. I have faith it'll prolly last till 250k but I don't want to put all my money in this one and she gives out. Our old Nissans have lasted an eternity but you never know (knock on wood)

It actually has 169,700 now..

Idk I guess we'll see how things go. I love this car and may end up putting money into it. Right now (as a student) I will just stick to the basics.

BTW, anyone have any idea how long on average the QG motor lasts? I know it varies but I just want to get a rough idea. 200k? 250k? 300k?

Thanks everyone and I will update as I add more stuff.

P.S. I had a complete list of the stuff I was originally planning on doing with the car and etc. on my noob intro here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10488
Last edited by WhiteLightning05 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 24 times in total.
By nissanguru
Looks good man! Can't wait to have you roll with us at the meets!
UPDATE!!!

So last Thursday I went to a car meet and purchased a set of HID headlights. WAYYY better than those old crappy yellow halogen bulbs and I can see a lot better at night as well. I tried to take some pics but please forgive my amatuer photography skills.

Special thanks to Nissanguru for helping me install them! ;)

I also bought a new leather steering wheel cover to replace the old ugly one:

By nissanguru
Looks good man!! The next thing we could do that's a cheap visual mod would be to plasti dip all your emblems! Thanks for the shutout it's no problem man!
Hmmm.. Thanks. I was thinking about taking off the 1.8S logo. I didn't think about it but the logos in black/ grey might look really cool.

Thanks for the offer man! Might take u up on it! :D

Next thing in 3 weeks is the SE-R headlights! And after that (hopefully if I have a job) will be the tinted windows.

A couple of months down the road I'm gonna put a new stereo system in.

Then I might just leave her as is. Or I may start playing with the engine lol. :P Header/ Exhaust and CAI! But that's only if I have the dough..
By nissanguru
Heck yea man modding my car is a illness I just can't stop haha when my tax refund comes in I'm getting CAI and a strut tower brace from Tweed
By Tonez
This has been added to your profile, finally. lol :thumbsup:

In my opinion, if you're planning to upgrade to a Spec eventually, I would not do performance mods on the 1.8, and just work on the looks. That's just my opinion though. :)
Tonez wrote:This has been added to your profile, finally. lol :thumbsup:

In my opinion, if you're planning to upgrade to a Spec eventually, I would not do performance mods on the 1.8, and just work on the looks. That's just my opinion though. :)

Thank you! I have been thinking about it. I am planning on keeping this current sentra for the next 5 years at least (hopefully she lasts all the way through college). I was planning on sticking to cosmetic mods but I may want to tweak the engine (I know I won't get much out of it, but still). The other side of me wants to save that money for a real performance car and not a 1.8 auto. IDK I'll wait and see. I'm kinda stuck between the two.

I'm torn between buying a spec V or buying a 350z. I'm thinking about the 350z. I have seen a few Spec V's in my area for sale for around $6500 to $7000. Then I have seen some 350z's for $8500 to $9000. So it is a little more but if I finance it it might not be that much more a month. Anyways it's a little ways down the road and I'm just gonna focus on enjoying the current car I have :D

Anyways I'm def going to do the cosmetic mods, but I'm debating on whether to touch the engine... hmmmmm 8-)

If I do tweak the engine the only 2 things I would change would be the intake and the header/exhaust.

I guess we'll see ;)
Hey nice 1.8 like what you have done... i also have a 1.8 as well feel free to check out mine and grab some ideas and yes my engine is entirely stock to as welll im getting ready to roll on 183,xxx soon like less than 200 miles to go and mines a 2006... but i always have kept up on the oil and tranny and it still going strong... no issues other than battery change and belt changes.... keep it up...
06SilverStalker wrote:Hey nice 1.8 like what you have done... i also have a 1.8 as well feel free to check out mine and grab some ideas and yes my engine is entirely stock to as welll im getting ready to roll on 183,xxx soon like less than 200 miles to go and mines a 2006... but i always have kept up on the oil and tranny and it still going strong... no issues other than battery change and belt changes.... keep it up...

Thanks man.. I think I am going for your grill look. I like the air dam and grill plasti dipped. I plasti dipped the bottom of the back bumper and the emblems but I'm trying to figure out which way to go with the front. I was thinking to do an evo look but I like the way yours looks as well.

Not sure which to do.
UPDATE:

This afternoon I spent 3 hours plasti dipping the bottom of the back fender to create a "black accent". I actually gives it a body kit type look. I also plasti dipped the emblems. I took before and after pics. Here they are:

Before:

After:

Sometime (maybe tomorrow) I will be doing the front of the car. I can't decide which look to go for:

Here is Hiredgun's sentra and the second one is 06silverstalker's sentra.
I'm stuck between doing an evo look or just keeping it clean:

Evo:

Clean look:

I also went and took a pic of my car and edited different possibilites on photoshop. Here are 4. Which one do you guys like best?

Thanks guys..
its totally up to you on what you wanna do and the route you wanna go with your ride... since i dont have the spec i mostly went for cosmetic mods and kept my engineo money invested in other things like taking the bullet and buying another car and saving that extra 2-3 hundred dollars you wiknow... i know own a civic and a sentra and working on buying my money and getting me a new maxima or alitima as a xmas present to myself or my wife... but in the end do what makes you happy and content with you car....... the only thing i have is a header and a k&n air filter for my sentra and im content i pass smog and what not every year and it still saves me gas.
By nissanguru
Definitely number two man it will look so clean!
These style projecter headlights.

Do you have any recommendations as to where to get[…]

I have one...are you still looking?

Are you still looking for a steering wheel with th[…]

2007 Spec V Part Out

Unfortunately I don’t have the plenum.