2000-2006
By BlackoutV
So its about time I made a showoff here....These are the most recent pics I have of my Spec. First I'll give you a mods list:

Engine:
-Nismo CAI
-XS-power 4-1 header
-T-Pros catless midpipe
-Nismo cat-back exhaust
-Technafit SS clutch line
-Faction short shifter
-Ball bearing shift kit
-Active Tuning ground wires
-Timing advanced 3*
-Redline MT-90 tranny fluid
-ClutchMasters stage 1 clutch
-F1 Racing 14lb flywheel
-JWT balance shaft removal kit
-$4 washer trick on the crossmember
-TB bypass

Suspension:
-H&R sport springs (1.5" drop)
-KYB GR2 struts
-Tarmaq 4-pt lower tie bar
-Nismo adjustable rear sway bar (full stiff)
-MOOG front sway bar end-links
-Energy Suspension poly end-link bushings
-Enkei RSV wheels (17"x7") in bronze
-Nitto Invo 225/45/17 rubber
-NAPA ceramic pads all around

Cosmetic:
-DIY front lip
-04 Tails conversion
-Debadged grill
-Custom weighted shift knob from Shane
-Custom license plate bracket
-Shorty antenna

Electronics:
-SAFCII tuned
-Prosport Oil Pressure gauge
-Custom gauge pod
-Prosport Water Temp gauge
-Alpine deck relocated to bottom bin

Parts not installed:
-07 headgasket
-07 head studs
-Prothane solid motor mounts
-Turbo stuffs =D

I'm probably forgetting stuff....On with the pics:

Last edited by BlackoutV on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Tonez
Looks good man! I like what you are doing with it. Keep it up and keep it clean! :thumbup:
By KingDNH
Nice & clean car. KingDNH Approves.
By BlackoutV
thx fellas!
By BlackoutV
thx jesse ur the best! ill post a link to that vid eventually...
By duesMANdella
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ynRjmqviJk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ynRjmqviJk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
By obsidian
For the rolling shot, make sure the camera is on daytime mode so the shutter opens and closes very quickly. Your camera's shutter stayed open just a bit too long and that is where all the fuzziness came in.
By duesMANdella
obsidian wrote:For the rolling shot, make sure the camera is on daytime mode so the shutter opens and closes very quickly. Your camera's shutter stayed open just a bit too long and that is where all the fuzziness came in.

lol what doesnt brando know
why isnt there a askbrando.com?
By Ground^Up
Sick ride dude. That lip on the front looks awesome. Is that the garage door rubber you and jesse were talking about?
Awesome job modding it, Have fun driving it!
By duesMANdella
Ground^Up wrote:Sick ride dude. That lip on the front looks awesome. Is that the garage door rubber you and jesse were talking about?
Awesome job modding it, Have fun driving it!

Yeah it is lol
he had a blast at the edinburgh track, thats why you gotta go come may or june drew
By obsidian
duesmandella wrote:
obsidian wrote:For the rolling shot, make sure the camera is on daytime mode so the shutter opens and closes very quickly. Your camera's shutter stayed open just a bit too long and that is where all the fuzziness came in.

lol what doesnt brando know
why isnt there a askbrando.com?

There should be!

lol. In all honesty, I love to know why things work the way they do. Those camera shots was one of the things I researched a while back. The best rolling/moving shots come from the expensive cameras with super fast shutter speed.
By BlackoutV
thanks for all the tips/compliments guys!! and jesse thanks for posting my auto-x vid for me! laziness FTW! lol btw, i just set my car up for winter so ill have some pics of that up this weekend...
By BlackoutV
so BIG THANKS to Jesse, Drew, and Abe for helping me install my safc2 and my gauges last night. Jesse, sorry for leaving a mess in your garage LOL. Now I just gotta re-wire everything to my liking...its all messy and i don't like that one bit, so thats my next project, to tackle and clean up all the wiring. I'll probably take care of that stuff when i go home this weekend since i have more tools back home. Hopefully it all turns out well. Thanks again guys for your help i really appreciate it!
By Ground^Up
No prob Dave! We would have prolly got it done a lil sooner if I didn't lose 20 rounds of mk3 to jesse. I need practice, that game used to be all I would play and it's been too long since I played on a stand up arcade. I want a rematch. haha.
By duesMANdella
Ground^Up wrote:No prob Dave! We would have prolly got it done a lil sooner if I didn't lose 20 rounds of mk3 to jesse. I need practice, that game used to be all I would play and it's been too long since I played on a stand up arcade. I want a rematch. haha.

hahah between me and you and mortal kombat 3 and dave and i in gt5 we wasted a good 3 hours lol
By BlackoutV
20spec02 wrote:nice blackout. how did u get those 04 tails to fit

they're pretty easy to install...you just need to do a bit of cutting/trimming and drilling.
By BlackoutV
UPDATE:

1) Ok, so first update, I got a headrest camera mount from Drew a while back...well, lets just say it needed a lil bit of modification lol. So, I took to the man cave today, and did a lil metal work...got it to fit pretty damn good. Got the camera position almost perfect. The shitty thing is when im driving, my car rattles so much, all you hear is the camera rattling and makes the videos sound like garbage. This is def something I'll use for auto-x tho...as I will be able to record my runs and study them, seeing where I went wrong and how to better my time. If anyone has any input on how to get my camera to not virbate like a SUM-bitch, any input is appreciated. :D

2) Second update....as some of you already know, I am planning a small n/a build for this upcoming spring/summer. Nothing crazy, but here is my list of whats goin down:

PARTS:
- JWT bsr kit
- JWT S1 cams
- F1 racing lightweight chromoly steel flywheel (14lbs)
- Prothane solid motor mounts
- ES full bushing kit
- 07 spec-v OEM 3-layer metal HG
- 07 spec-v OEM head studs
- new OEM valve cover gasket
- new OEM header gasket
- SS brake lines

OTHER STUFF:
- ECU reflash [rev limiter raise to roughly 7k (not exactly sure where I want to put it yet)]
- I'm going to hopefully get the the head shaved at a machine shop. This will hopefully raise compression to just above 10:1 :rockout:
- re-tune with the SAFC2

I'm shooting for as close to 200whp as possible. I'm thinking with these mods along with what I currently have, I should be pretty dayum close. I will also post up pics of the stuff as I get it. So far I have already got the JWT bsr kit, F1 flywheel, Prothane front motor mount(still need the rear oops lol), HG, head studs, vc gasket, and header gasket. I'm buying Jesse's JWT cams as soon as he gets his motor from Travis...who knows if that will ever happen lol...so at least I don't have to search for a set of cams, its just a matter of Jesse getting his motor. The rest of the parts I will be gathering up until build time.

Heres pics of the stuff I have here, the other stuff is at the house in Albany:

Front mount and JWT bsr kit:
Last edited by BlackoutV on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Shane
I had the same problem with my camera rattling around...it ended up being the zoom lens cover that comes out and the shutter button on the top of the camera...I just threw some tape on them when I turned it on in my car before I did the run....Its kind of a pain in the ass but it makes the rattles a lot less noticeable....

Are you still looking for a steering wheel with th[…]

2007 Spec V Part Out

Unfortunately I don’t have the plenum.

moonbuggy WIP thread

Car is starting to look good. Can you please chang[…]

Canadian Rockies SPEC!

Please correct the name of this topic according to[…]