2007-2012
By eXcude
Do you have a way of measuring how much camber you currently have to see if your within the range of what yogi suggested? Just curious why you chose that "hash mark"

Hybrid says that's half a degree of camber. So I rolled with it.
By HyBr1D
eXcude wrote:
Do you have a way of measuring how much camber you currently have to see if your within the range of what yogi suggested? Just curious why you chose that "hash mark"

Hybrid says that's half a degree of camber. So I rolled with it.

Well, from what I've read that each mark is a half degree. Would make sense that most camber plates lets you go -3 to +3 camber if you count the marks. I've looked this up on google and I haven't found much info on it, unfortunately.
By eXcude
Alright I got the Stillen lip on:
Front.jpg

My car is finally *almost* as hot as Hybrids :hearteyes:
Side.jpg

He still has me beat on background scenery for sure.
By Mbrice420
eXcude wrote:Alright I got the Stillen lip on:
He still has me beat on background scenery for sure.

Lip came out sweet and subtle :thumbup:
Need to get some plastic restorer on those fog trims bro ;)

For background scenery: I like to go during early morning or late evening. IMO
Its all about the location too. You got a beach next to you or maybe a lighthouse?
Maybe go downtown to the City Hall area or any other government maintained buildings?(usually kept up nice)
Old train-yard? Industrial parks? I could keep going but you get the idea.
By eXcude
I'm in the lakes region, so I can get creative :D
By eXcude
Okay all aligned, front toe is perfect. 1 degree up front and 1.3 in the rear.

My rear passenger has some toe out of spec, it has always been that way. Tech offered to put a shim in there, but I told him to leave it.

My camber was 1.6 when we started and he actually tweaked my camber plates. I wasn't expecting that. Very cool shop, I am impressed.
By Mbrice420
eXcude wrote:Okay all aligned, front toe is perfect. 1 degree up front and 1.3 in the rear.

My rear passenger has some toe out of spec, it has always been that way. Tech offered to put a shim in there, but I told him to leave it.

My camber was 1.6 when we started and he actually tweaked my camber plates. I wasn't expecting that. Very cool shop, I am impressed.

That's cool that you found someone to help you get that done.
I'm guessing the mechanic liked ur setup and wanted to play with it too lol :thumbup:
Awesome sauce
By eXcude
Yeah he was super anal, the guy working the desk said he's hardcore with doing alignments.

He addressed my concerns about the rubbing by leaving the camber at 1, I could tell he REALLY wanted to set it to factory spec. But that isn't gonna work for me with my setup.

The dude at the desk was talking to me about his old Altima he built up. So I was in good company. :D
By eXcude
The car is super happy with recent alignment, I just ordered a fender roller. Hoping to never rub again!
By eXcude
Car washed and a perfect photo op:

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

Heh, anybody find the irony in this one? I was like 'gawd there's a car in the background, need to take more pics' and then I realized... ;)
IMAG0369.jpg
By Mbrice420
eXcude wrote:Car washed and a perfect photo op:
Heh, anybody find the irony in this one? I was like 'gawd there's a car in the background, need to take more pics' and then I realized..

Man, I really like that lip. Looking good :thumbup:

Took me a sec to realize what you realized lol
Funny shyt bro.

Question: is it always gloomy in Maine? I swear I never see the sun in any pics you take lol
By eXcude
Mbrice420 wrote:Question: is it always gloomy in Maine? I swear I never see the sun in any pics you take lol

Heh it was overcast yesterday, I try to take pics when it's like that. The sun always seems to ruin pics with the phone camera.

I had another set of pics from yesterday but they didn't come out good, because of Mr. Sun being out.
By eXcude
I'm still not 100% on the lip, it may grow on me over time. Or maybe a CMOD grill will help?

Those inlets looks weird to me, I don't get it. Plus up close they aren't lining up with the bottom of the bumper. At some point I'll probably redo the mounting.
By eXcude
Come summer time it'll be great for catching bugs.
By eXcude
Soooo my ongoing random check engine light thing happened again. I was able to isolate the cause, it was a P0301. Misfire in cylinder 1. Took the coil plug boot out and saw a tiny amount of oil in the chamber. The other 3 were clean, looked brand new. So I then popped out the plug in cyl 1, soaked in oil.

IMAG0384.jpg

I ordered another NGK DILKAR6A11 (OEM part) and I'll swap it out and keep an eye on this for now. If oil continues to get on this, I am thinking the value cover gasket may need to be replaced.
XCLR8/ 2010 S/ CA

Currently in the process of 3D scanning the stock […]

there is no assurance that using an OEM deck with […]

Reaquainting myself

Nah, I should stay quiet... I've already posted m[…]

I need those for some Chicago drivers.