2007-2012
By XCLR8
e-turbine has arrived as well. However I still need to figure out the throttle body and v-stack mounting. It seems that I may need to use couplers as the bottom of my v-stacks is not wide enough to cover the throttle body opening :(

Image20181016_202843 by gunftw, on Flickr
By XCLR8
Mbrice420 wrote:Was a little curious about that electric SC you were talking about about and found the Reddit on it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/63bg3d/functional_electric_supercharger_install_and/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

Its been over a year since this guy has posted anything... Might be dead in the water :facepalm:

They are now selling the Arc Kit for $2900 which seems reasonable to me. But since I have the phantom already I am sticking with it. Will probably get a super light compressor wheel for it in time and that should get me to 7 psi which is perfect for this engine on stock internals. I am not planning on going beyond 260 HP as the turbo jukes from what I have seen all suffered CVT failure beyond that power level.
The failure looks like it comes from the shoddy quality bearings in the CVT spindles which fail and cause the cradles that hold the bearings in the spindle to crack which in turn means the spindles can no longer move apart. The abrupt forces that then act on the spindles cause the metal CVT belts to shear sending shrapnel all over your tranny from the busted belt links disintegrating.
The solution would be better metal for the spindles and stronger bearings. But this is an insanely costly project and the weak link would still be the belt. The best BOSCH cvt belts can handle about 300HP and I forget the torque rating, but its not that great either. But clearly the transmission in these cars are the issue. Since the MR20 block has been taken to 400HP albeit with a rebuilt low end and pistons.
In the meantime I have also put on the CVT cooler, will just need to have my local shop put in the lines and change the honeycomb distributor and CVT filter. Then I am good to go to slap the phantom on this thing.
I also have JNC 18x8.5 wheels coming in. They are 3 pounds heavier per corner than the Kosei ones I have now but I will have more grip and the supercharger will make up for the rotational mass increase I figure.
In time I will have my crank pulley changed to so that should help out as well.
Gas Needle/Gauge

When I fill up sometimes my needle goes all the wa[…]

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge