1995-19999
By dwlf89
Well, I introduced myself. I guess it's time to go a little more into detail on my ride

The fun started about 6 years ago when I spun a rod bearing in the original sr20de in my SE-R. Basically I was a kid in highschool having fun with his car. Lots of fun. I don't think I realized how hard I ran it for that year before it finally gave in. Thats when I had to learn how to work on cars. I had never changed the oil in a car before... or anything for that matter. But when I blew that motor I had to either junk the car or save up some money and fix it. I chose the 2nd option. I couldn't get rid of it. Research proved that there was much more fun to be had with this car.

So I got a few of my nissan buddies to help and we pulled the old motor out. The one who drove that black 240 gave me every bit of motivation I needed, as his had the SR in it as well.

Here's the motor on day one. I still wish I could use that awd transmission. Bought from Tiger Japanese engines in Toronto.

Took me forever to get it running as I was still learning the basics. But I got it eventually. I've since pulled the motor 2 more times. Once because I over boosted it and fried the 4th piston. you live and learn eh?

That was my reason for rebuilding it. I used much better quality parts this time around. All ARP hardware, acl race bearings, shotpeened rods, Wiseco forged aluminum pistons
Painted a few parts, here's the head

In the car.
went with the Fidanza flywheel. Old pic, while I still had the t25

lowered the car

coilovers of choice - NEX. Seemed like a good deal. Very happy with them

installed, also, new rotors and pads

Can't have a fresh car without some fresh paint.

Orrr some fresh rims

then the car sat in the shop like this for a while - I worked there.

Finally some paint.

While all this chaos was happening... what was I driving?? This ol' B13. I miss that car.

After a whole weekend of wetsanding and buffing. this was my finished product. I'd say it was worth it.

Prosport gauges inside

I needed a place for a 4th gauge so I made this gauge pod.. it's in place of the original cruise control space in the dash

here's a few more pics

Of course I've attended a few small local car shows.

This is my motor as it sits today. well, the air filter is new now. but thats theonly difference. haha

My turbo of choice - GT2860RS aka Disco Potato

Here's my current daily driver parked next to the little beast. I swear that maxima will run forever. such a great car. Plus it's a 5 spd :thumbup:

I know there's tons of stuff I'm forgetting. Oh well. You get the idea. Thanks for looking! and keep an eye out for updates
Last edited by dwlf89 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By vc3qsym
welcome. Car looks good!
I have a 97 maxima I dd. They last forever.
By dwlf89
07BlackSpecV wrote:Car is pretty sick man, could you alter the showoff title to:

username/model/location.

Thanks,

yup yup
By jpspecv2011
Welcome man. You got a hell of a b14 there bro. I bet you are easily underestimated on the street, cuz they dont know whats under the hood.
What are your numbers?
By Tonez
This car is just so sick! You have come a long way after not even doing oil changes...lol.
The car has come a long way as well! Nice job man!
By Man Whore
shits sex man....still wish i had mine...give a reason to hang out..we got a member on here moving to plant city in a few months....im in sebring right now...but as soon as i get off medical leave imma be back to work driving a semi so i wont be around
By Man Whore
yea im in the south part...outter city limits off 66
By RSPECTH V
Nice ride :thumbup: Welcome . I will be moving to Plant City FL. this June. Me you and Ray could hook up.
By dwlf89
I'm about to redo my tail lights again. Only because the clear coat is starting to bubble up. Cheap clear and it lasted me about 4 years, can't complain. I am considering adding a light smoke to the lower section of the lights and just fading into no smoke above. As shown in the pic (photoshopped)

Opinions? Keep it as it is or mild smoke? Don't even tell me to go all the way with the smoke. Not happening

Side note: If you're wondering how I deleted the amber color at the bottom.. it was quite simple. Wetsand the whole light with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Get yourself a small can of Testors transparent candy apple red. Can be found at most hobby shops. apply light coats over the amber section, not much is needed over the rest. Clear coat the whole light and BOOM. No amber.
Last edited by dwlf89 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 08specv808
i love your b14. i just bought a 97 200sx se-r 2 days ago for 1000$ not running. only thing wrong was the fuel pump. ^_^ i really want to just have a basic turbo set up for now. any ideas on where to start. i wanted to get a ebay intercooler and piping like you did but i dk what size piping you have on. would really appreciate the help. :D
Gas Needle/Gauge

When I fill up sometimes my needle goes all the wa[…]

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge

Gas Needle/Gauge