2007-2012
By powderohyeah
I got my b16 spec and have been looking at new tires and wheels. I need some suggestions on what kind of setup is good for performance?? im researching but not getting far lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By HyBr1D
powderohyeah wrote:I got my b16 spec and have been looking at new tires and wheels. I need some suggestions on what kind of setup is good for performance?? im researching but not getting far lol.

Here is a good source of info and pics of different wheel/tire setups on different trim B16's.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4550

Also, consider what sort of stance you're looking into... whether you're dropped on lowering springs w/ stock struts or you have coilovers. You want to go thick rubber and/or big wheels or moderate upgrade in size for weight purposes. Your lug pattern is more common than that of a 2.0 B16 (5x114.3) so, finding a design shouldn't be that much of an issue for you.

Have a design in your mind on what you're going for, then consider how big you want the rim to be vs stock then how wide you want them to be. From what I've read b16 offset shouldn't be any lower than +30 but I think (from my own experience) +32 is the limit.

If you have any handling products installed on your car (Ex: Coilovers/TWEED parts/Fender Braces/FTSB/X-trail bars) then you might want to consider high end tires and a decent width size for the most optimal handling you're looking for.

So, let us know what you're generally looking into so we can help you better.
By eXcude
Check out the thread Hybrid linked above.

On the OEM suspension you can do 8.5" max w/out hitting suspension stuff. I know +35 & +30 fit at that size. 8" you can go with +45, but I don't know if you can do that with 8.5".

If you have coils, legend has it you can stuff 9" side w/45mm.

And as mentioned, you also have to know what you are going for. Function, form, something in between?

Got a pic of something you are shooting for?
I was thinking of staying at stock wheel size at 17 inch but maybe wider profile at 8 inch. But how does it feel when you drive with 18's?? I'm a little worried about weight also. But I do want more of an aggressive look.
By eXcude
powderohyeah wrote:I was thinking of staying at stock wheel size at 17 inch but maybe wider profile at 8 inch. But how does it feel when you drive with 18's?? I'm a little worried about weight also. But I do want more of an aggressive look.

225's would work on 8" wide wheel, the car feels totally different switching from 17's to 18's, it takes the bumps and moves on. The 225's on the OEM 17x7s had a lot of sidewall flex.

I bet you would be happy with 17x8 +30 or +35 offset (or something in between for that poke/aggression you want)
By eXcude
The offset thread is pretty much useless with all the Photobucket crap unfortunately.
By eXcude
It's a shame, that thread was super helpful. It got me to want to get wheels for my car and then also figure out what setup I wanted!
By eXcude
It's not terrible, we had one big storm last year and the roads were not plowed. I was NOT driving my Sentra that day, I was bombing around in the wife's SUV. Saw some Golf get stuck right in the road. Just have to use some common sense I suppose. I've got a fairly tame drop, 1.5"f and 1.6"r

I would like more low, as I mentioned already I'd like to go OEM suspension in the winter (I got snow tires on my OEM wheels too) and slam the bitch when it's not winter. Well maybe not slam, but definitely want to have trouble getting a finger in the wheel well :D

You find any wheels yet?
yeah im doing my parts install next spring because winter is only two weeks away now. I dont really see the point of putting the coilovers on now when we get 6 feet of snow soon.

i was actually thinking of getting the SSR type-c wheels!!

By eXcude
Those look great! SSR's are not cheap, but very nice.

Any idea on the wheel specs?
By HyBr1D
When I looked them up I didn't see them with the 2.0 lug pattern... offset I don't remember. I don't understand why you would need to swap out suspension for winter when you could just adjust the coilover to stock height or higher... hence the adjustability and stability of em. *shrug*
By eXcude
HyBr1D wrote:When I looked them up I didn't see them with the 2.0 lug pattern... offset I don't remember. I don't understand why you would need to swap out suspension for winter when you could just adjust the coilover to stock height or higher... hence the adjustability and stability of em. *shrug*

That thought had crossed my mind, what would be more of a PITA? Adjusting them twice a year or just popping and swapping the whole set?

Also this guy has a Spec-V, I think you are doing what I did and confusing with another wheel fitment thread. :facepalm:
By HyBr1D
eXcude wrote:
HyBr1D wrote:When I looked them up I didn't see them with the 2.0 lug pattern... offset I don't remember. I don't understand why you would need to swap out suspension for winter when you could just adjust the coilover to stock height or higher... hence the adjustability and stability of em. *shrug*

That thought had crossed my mind, what would be more of a PITA? Adjusting them twice a year or just popping and swapping the whole set?

Also this guy has a Spec-V, I think you are doing what I did and confusing with another wheel fitment thread. :facepalm:

Yep, exactly that lol....
B16 Spec shift knob

You got me looking at knobs again, I saw this toda[…]

To post an attachment (picture) click the "Up[…]

Need more power

You might be able to find someone to do a tune, or[…]

b16 spec v part out

Still have the BC Coilovers? How much? and where y[…]