Pads, coilover kits, springs and sway bars
By Dudz MgGee
I really really am starting to miss body on frame. Got to keep up with the times and all tho.

Has anyone ever installed polyurethane bushings on the B-17? If so any suggestions?

Also, I intend to brace the front and rear towers, both upper and lower.

I notice allot of "movement" from what I suspect to be the front sub frame.

Under hard acceleration and differental lock-up, especially while turning, there is a slight lurch while the engine transfers torque through the drivetrain, and thus loads the bushings. I do not like this. I would much like for this to be gone. ;)

I give zero F@#&$ about ride quality. Bumpiness is just feedback :D
By yogib777

I give zero F@#&$ about ride quality. Bumpiness is just feedback :D

if your sure?

wish you could take a ride in my car

then:
fill the motor mounts with a hard epoxy resin like 3m
start there

then look at
adapting a redline engine shock mount

more extreme
welding the seams on the unibody

imo

i don't see any premade items for this purpose yet
By BrooksyCC7
Is your SR Turbo CVT or 6SP? If it is CVT, you may want to be cautious about the poly bushings, talkin' bout...bad vibratioooons.
By yogib777
putting the wrong mounts in mine
[they were harmonic with body parts]
shook my alternator apart

we talking serious vibes
if you choose the wrong material

i went thru 4 different brands of mounts
to get what i wanted

stock with engine shock mount
good on the street not track

on passenger side, shock like thing
ImageDSCN0116_zps3777b0ee by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

ES
too soft for me but still had excessive vibes
Imagerearbushing by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

unnamed experimental model
not put into production due to experience detailed
ImageDSCN0118_zps370eba81 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

travis mounts
they rotated
no longer made

and imo the best of the bunch 2jr derlin mts
ImageDSCN1148 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

try different hardness's of filler
till you get what you want
imo
By macphee23
Dudz MgGee wrote:
Under hard acceleration and differental lock-up, especially while turning, there is a slight lurch while the engine transfers torque through the drivetrain, and thus loads the bushings. I do not like this. I would much like for this to be gone. ;)

Differential Lock Up? on an open diff?
By Dudz MgGee
BrooksyCC7 wrote:Is your SR Turbo CVT or 6SP? If it is CVT, you may want to be cautious about the poly bushings, talkin' bout...bad vibratioooons.

6 Speed standard :hearteyes:

I like that torque shock thing. I think I could fab one of them up. Is the resistance adjustable on the shock?

Also the SR Turbo with a 6 Spd, has an electronic diff. The car definitely"locks up" under hard acceleration, and wheel slip. Even says so in the owners manual. No one wheel peels here.

Obviously comfort is nice, but I have no issues sacrificing ride quality for performance. I've built a few cars guys, have some faith. This is my 1st SR Turbo, but not my first tuner ;)

My car also has a sunroof, which I probably wouldn't get if I did it again... There's allot of flex, and noise that come from that thing.

So, 2JR looks like the hook up. We intend on purchasing the coil-over set up they offer, it looks purdy. The car needs to sit lower. Too much fender/tire gap.
By yogib777
on the engine shock
no adjustment was required on mine, shock came preset we only had to fabricate different mounts

also car looks good and handles much better with the BC coilovers dropped near 2"

i was out at 2jr's on fri
[checking on my meth injection project]

there was much work going on for the b17 turbo models

intake pipes and turbo upgrades, as well as intercooler and bov development
i hear tell its past 300whp

this is about hp wise, where i saw the prototypes back before the nismo release
the prototypes i saw were very fast indeed

i got a pic with the nismo front end off and a pic of the intake pipes
but no clearance to post them

don't worry about the sunroof
if you get serious enough to track it

there are ways to get extreme rigidity
see below

my fav competition roll bar, custom provider
roll cage made on the spot
ImageDSCN1250 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
ImageDSCN1252 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
ImageDSCN1249 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
ImageDSCN1251 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

he has made a 6 point and my current 4 point hpde bars for me
ImageDSCN1246 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
ImageDSCN1244 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

even the rear axle can be markedly improved
Image100_2899_zps4f3820c5 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
By macphee23
Dudz MgGee wrote:
BrooksyCC7 wrote:Is your SR Turbo CVT or 6SP? If it is CVT, you may want to be cautious about the poly bushings, talkin' bout...bad vibratioooons.

6 Speed standard :hearteyes:

I like that torque shock thing. I think I could fab one of them up. Is the resistance adjustable on the shock?

Also the SR Turbo with a 6 Spd, has an electronic diff. The car definitely"locks up" under hard acceleration, and wheel slip. Even says so in the owners manual. No one wheel peels here.

Obviously comfort is nice, but I have no issues sacrificing ride quality for performance. I've built a few cars guys, have some faith. This is my 1st SR Turbo, but not my first tuner ;)

My car also has a sunroof, which I probably wouldn't get if I did it again... There's allot of flex, and noise that come from that thing.

So, 2JR looks like the hook up. We intend on purchasing the coil-over set up they offer, it looks purdy. The car needs to sit lower. Too much fender/tire gap.

Are you sure you aren't just feeling the traction control? Which isn't a locking diff. Could you tell me which page you're finding this in the owners manual as well please and thanks.
By Dudz MgGee
Actually i was incorrect. There is no literature that says the 2017 Nissan Sentra SR Turbo, has an electronic diff. I was wrong. I even found my cars window sticker. Nothing to suggest it has an electronic diff. Fiddle sticks.

However I could have sworn I remember hearing about how Nissan did some clever tinkering with the cars differental to help with traction. However this too, could be incorrect. No big deal however.

Anyways, no definitely not traction control. I turn that shit off when I'm driving like an idiot.

To reiterate, what I'm feeling is called "my car doesn't have a FRAME, chassis flex end quote."

Luckily I found you guys here @ ALLSENTRA to lead us to some autocross awesomeness, right after we mitigate this whole... "My car is rigid like a beer can" thing I'm feeling.
By macphee23
They do have a little bit of help from the VDC, which puts a little brake pressure on the wheel that's spinning. But it definitely is not any help in a handling sense. It isn't going to help with cornering like a real limited slip diff. Acceleration, maybe, but it does apply the brakes a teeny tiny little amount to get the spinning wheel to actually slow down to what the others are doing.

thanks for posting about the gauge. I just receiv[…]

I'm more worried in terms of the car not getting s[…]

April 2014 Houston C&C pics

all it says is image, image, image

New Nismo Sentra Owner.

welcome i agree a very fun car like your color ch[…]