2007-2012
By eXcude
Coilovers are installed and need some height adjustment. I wanted to get them on today so I would have some point of reference.

Some random pics from the project and I apologize for the quality, phone camera and greasy hands and all.

This is where we started, winter wheels and Tanabe spring stance:

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

Hybrid scared me with his talk about the endlinks being bitches and yes they were bitches. I had anticipated this so I started with those guys first and it slowed the project down (I was flying solo today). But with some swearing, and dirty Mainer ingenuity I was able to get the fuckers removed. I used a small ratchet and a copper pipe for some leverage. Took a while but I was persistent as this would have been a show stopper.

endlinks.jpg

Here is a side by side of OEM vs the Massive Speed endlinks
endlinks off.jpg

Here we are with the front complete, probably the most time consuming, I had some drama with the ABS lines and the new adjustable mount rubbing the wheel.

installed.jpg

Also I was using this opportunity to swap back to the 18s :D
front done.jpg

More to come...
By eXcude
This is how it sits now, it's actually higher than before, I plan on making some adjustments tomorrow.

installation complete.jpg

I took for a quick ride earlier and didn't hear any odd noises and it actually felt better than the previous setup. Only difference was big bumps (we have a lot of those in this area). It just took the bump and moved on, I feel like before I was being thrown out of my seat.

Heh you can compare with my sig and see the difference. Needs some tweaking for sure.
By Mbrice420
Nice man. :thumbup:
Question: Besides being longer then the stock ones, how are those links any better then the factory? They look the same except the aftermarket ones has a cool black sleeve with the company name on it....
By Mbrice420
yogib777 wrote:they allow for the sway bar to come in earlier
when the car leans

they drop the bar down allowing earlier engagement
imo

But if your lowering a car wouldn't you need shorter end links? I mean the car gets lower but the base of the bar stays the same since its connected to the frame? I remember when I did the BC coilovers install the new stabilizers that came with it were slightly shorter then the factory ones. Not by much though, like maybe a few mm. I'm just curious.
By eXcude
They're thicker, have an actual hex nut on both sides so easier to install/remove. They are adjustable as well. The control arm gets lower not the sway bar. I couldn't wrap my head around it until I actually started the work and it all made sense. My old ones had the rubber damaged so I decided to go with aftermarket. I didn't need them for the coilovers. Make sense?
By powderohyeah
eXcude wrote:They're thicker, have an actual hex nut on both sides so easier to install/remove. They are adjustable as well. The control arm gets lower not the sway bar. I couldn't wrap my head around it until I actually started the work and it all made sense. My old ones had the rubber damaged so I decided to go with aftermarket. I didn't need them for the coilovers. Make sense?

Nice man! was the install a pain? im actually doing mine next week! first time installing coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By eXcude
I got this adjusted and took it for a ride, I heard some clanging on hard bumps so it's either the sway bar hitting the control arm or I need to adjust the front preload. I snapped some pics and had planned on posting with some witty commentary but it's been a long day and Google assistant made this and I thought t looked nice :D

Google-Magic.jpg
By yogib777
eXcude wrote:I got this adjusted and took it for a ride, I heard some clanging on hard bumps so it's either the sway bar hitting the control arm or I need to adjust the front preload. I snapped some pics and had planned on posting with some witty commentary but it's been a long day and Google assistant made this and I thought t looked nice :D

Google-Magic.jpg

looking good
and looking mean
nice
By eXcude
Okay here is my car in all it's dirty hotness, I need another carwash already :?

DirtyHotness1.jpg

DirtyHotness2.jpg

DirtyHotness3.jpg

DirtyHotness4.jpg

1 finger gap all around :D

Here is my sway bar clearance, if anyone can speak to this being too close or not speak up. I think I may have to tighten the preload so I can lift the endlinks up a bit more. I think MBrice was correct about his assessment with needing shorter endlinks.

SwarbayClearance1.jpg

SwarbayClearance2.jpg

SwarbayClearance3.jpg

powderohyeah wrote:Nice man! was the install a pain? im actually doing mine next week! first time installing coilovers.

The endlinks were a pain, I've done a lot of suspension work so this wasn't difficult for me. The only thing was the learning curve on making adjustments on the coilover system. I had some issues with the ABS line bracket, it appears to be an afterthought or generic bracket. Took me some time to get it just right.

Get a helper! I did this alone, it sucked. I could have cut my time in half. :|
By eXcude
Also I was expecting a harsher ride, but it's actually really nice.
By HyBr1D
eXcude wrote:Okay here is my car in all it's dirty hotness, I need another carwash already :?

DirtyHotness1.jpg
DirtyHotness2.jpg
DirtyHotness3.jpg
DirtyHotness4.jpg

1 finger gap all around :D

Here is my sway bar clearance, if anyone can speak to this being too close or not speak up. I think I may have to tighten the preload so I can lift the endlinks up a bit more. I think MBrice was correct about his assessment with needing shorter endlinks.

SwarbayClearance1.jpg
SwarbayClearance2.jpg
SwarbayClearance3.jpg

powderohyeah wrote:Nice man! was the install a pain? im actually doing mine next week! first time installing coilovers.

The endlinks were a pain, I've done a lot of suspension work so this wasn't difficult for me. The only thing was the learning curve on making adjustments on the coilover system. I had some issues with the ABS line bracket, it appears to be an afterthought or generic bracket. Took me some time to get it just right.

Get a helper! I did this alone, it sucked. I could have cut my time in half. :|

It's most likely the preload. I was told that many of these manufacturers will preach that their preloads are set but often they're not and it's mainly due to shipping knocking them around and the preload changes. I'd say re-do the preload might have the spring too loose or a nut isn't tight somewhere (I doubt this one). I didn't adjust my endlink any I put it in as is and noticed the sway was lowered a bit (half an inch) but it doesn't make contact with anything. I will see if I am able to prop up the car tonight when I get home (hopefully have enough son and the wife permits) and snap some pics for you.

eXcude wrote:Also I was expecting a harsher ride, but it's actually really nice.

The ride quality is determined through your damper settings, I figure you know this and might have the dampers set to soft (lowest setting). If the preload isn't properly set the dampening will be off too. Once the preload is set set your dampers too... I forgot where are mine set, I think it was 24 up from (from soft to hard) and 20 in the rear. I have to check again.

BTW, on thoese 3 final pics can you get a leveled ground view of how the sway bar sits and how close it is to the control arm?
By eXcude
I have the damper set to the default, which is 'halfway between hard and soft'. Thanks for the preload tip, I also realized pic #1 is before I lowered it, so useless for analyzation of the swaybar. I'll try to get some better pics. It's hard to see under the car with it so low now haha.
Sentra noon but a Nissan Nut!

sounds like your making progress lol, i got 211 m[…]

is being churned. It is because of the incorporati[…]

1992 SER/GTIR AWD Project

$2600 obo I started this project a long time ago. […]

getting ready for serious drag racing installed a […]