Feeling blue? need to vent? need an opinion? Lets talk about it
By Starkles
I just wanted to let you all know, that you probably like butt stuff and you'll never be as cool as 2010-2012 All Sentra.

That is all. Fags.
By HyBr1D
It is sad how dead this site/forum has become. I miss the good ol' days (on other forums) when activity was high and a community existed. From what I'm told people just don't care about info and communication that they would just rather look at pictures and drool never knowing how to do it themselves. I can't bare to join the FB community nor instacrap. I suppose we are a dying breed...
By Mbrice420
I agree with you 100% Hybrid

I believe that Nissan is partially to blame for this sites non existence.

Besides cosmetics there isn't anything bringing new modders to the Sentra.

Forums come together so people can talk about common interests.

But if there isn't any new people to fill the shoes of those who have moved on then the forum dies, especially when the moderaters don't even care about the site.

It was a good run. :thumbup:
By HyBr1D
Partially, no... completely, yes...

I believe it's a 3 way balance... the product possibility the interest in the market and the willingness of the aftermarket supplier depending on the other two mentioned.

I suppose the site owner(s)/mod(s) should consider archiving the site and just closing the doors. Leave it as an information base, I suppose. A lot of good information here, it would be sad to watch it disappear.
By Starkles
HyBr1D wrote:It is sad how dead this site/forum has become. I miss the good ol' days (on other forums) when activity was high and a community existed. From what I'm told people just don't care about info and communication that they would just rather look at pictures and drool never knowing how to do it themselves. I can't bare to join the FB community nor instacrap. I suppose we are a dying breed...

DINGDINGDING

Since moving over to the diesel truck world, I see this EXACT same thing. The shop owners are 30-40 year old guys that are hardcore gearheads. Their biggest customer base is the 20somethings that would rather pay those gearheads to work on their trucks instead of doing it on their own. The 30-40 year old dudes that aren't shop owners just work on their own trucks with very mild/practical builds.
By HyBr1D
Starkles wrote:
HyBr1D wrote:It is sad how dead this site/forum has become. I miss the good ol' days (on other forums) when activity was high and a community existed. From what I'm told people just don't care about info and communication that they would just rather look at pictures and drool never knowing how to do it themselves. I can't bare to join the FB community nor instacrap. I suppose we are a dying breed...

DINGDINGDING

Since moving over to the diesel truck world, I see this EXACT same thing. The shop owners are 30-40 year old guys that are hardcore gearheads. Their biggest customer base is the 20somethings that would rather pay those gearheads to work on their trucks instead of doing it on their own. The 30-40 year old dudes that aren't shop owners just work on their own trucks with very mild/practical builds.

You should know that the mass majority is more bought than built. There are certain things I would feel comfortable doing on my own than others. Plus, with my family life style they don't allow me to be in the garage for long so I do have to deal with lots of distractions. I don't have a spare beater either nor a garage to house the car... (one car mainly for storage). Believe me, I have a passion for these machines (regardless which one it is) Down here the style of choice has been growing with the Wranglers, but there are shops already willing to dump loads of cash having one fully modified for the slackers... plus I don't like the "rugged" look and it's mainly used for pretty... "Look I'm tough but scared to get dirty."
By eXcude
Well fwiw goolge searches will typically land you hear. I've probably contributed more than I've Iearned joining this site honestly.

I don't know if it's a matter of forums dying or just car enthusiasm in general. It's so hard to find people into working/modding vehicles now. I feel like 15 years ago it was more common. But take a look at a car from 15 years ago vs now, they come standard with all kinds of the shit kids used to like to mod the cars with.
By eXcude
Right. You can buy a streetable beast now. A newer muscle car will kill you if you give it the chance.
By powderohyeah
I have been on the Fbook communities lately and there are tons of b16 peeps on there. i’ve been getting my uprev tunes done from a dude i met on there whos pretty reputable with his uprev maps and the car feels different i dont have dyno charts to prove it but im thinking of doing that soon. Aside from it, thats where most of the community has gone is on facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Mbrice420
I can see why FB would have more people only because most already have an account and it's also a lot easier to share pictures and videos.

You nailed it earlier Hybrid when you said more and more peeps just want to see pretty pictures and don't really care about the build.

Maybe if the forum was a little more stream line and was made easier for new owners to use. The forum controls, in my eyes, are a pain to use and bit outdated.

I'm with you on the whole FB thingy though

Personally was never a fan of it
By powderohyeah
I use tapatalk to post my pics on allsentra. When i tried doing it on my laptop it confused me a bit! i had no idea what to put in for posting a pic. If allsentra was as easy as fbook i’m sure the forum would be lively again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By HyBr1D
I'm an old school forum user, this old junk comes natural to me heh... FB too.. but I'm a tech nut... so, it's not hard for me to figure things out. A lot of people are lazy and want a one click there I am sort of experience... so, meh... it's just in time for my SUV switch when I do go that route. heh...

HID's (or LED's)+Rims/tires+airbag suspension+interior entertainment... call it a day..

getting ready for serious drag racing installed a […]

How to upgrade car radio?

Hi! I'm looking for new android car stereo and wan[…]

When I accelerate there is an even ticking sound ~[…]

Did you read though this thread: http://www&#[…]