2007-2012
By powderohyeah
To be honest i like the look of the 17’s on my car and my buddy who works in a local wheel and tire shop is giving me a good deal on the motegi’s, that are a 17 x 8 +40 and i have a set of Laufenn all season 225/45/17, which apparently is the tire equal to the sumitomo’s. I will use these tires as a temporary solution until i can afford to get another set of tires.

Thank you everyone for the help,l tightened the spring preload on the rears and the clunk went away but other then that the suspension is great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By HyBr1D
powderohyeah wrote:To be honest i like the look of the 17’s on my car and my buddy who works in a local wheel and tire shop is giving me a good deal on the motegi’s, that are a 17 x 8 +40 and i have a set of Laufenn all season 225/45/17, which apparently is the tire equal to the sumitomo’s. I will use these tires as a temporary solution until i can afford to get another set of tires.

Thank you everyone for the help,l tightened the spring preload on the rears and the clunk went away but other then that the suspension is great!!

Which motegi's you're looking into?
By powderohyeah
HyBr1D wrote:
powderohyeah wrote:To be honest i like the look of the 17’s on my car and my buddy who works in a local wheel and tire shop is giving me a good deal on the motegi’s, that are a 17 x 8 +40 and i have a set of Laufenn all season 225/45/17, which apparently is the tire equal to the sumitomo’s. I will use these tires as a temporary solution until i can afford to get another set of tires.

Which motegi's you're looking into?

The MR131 in matte bronze

By powderohyeah
HyBr1D wrote:Ah, the traklite... that was one of my first choices.... but the whole 5 lug thing lol... I have a soft spot for 5 spoke ;) and bronze on black... priceless.. :) good choice, my friend.

The first time i saw them, i felt the power and wanted them!

Can you do a 5 lug conversion??

By HyBr1D
powderohyeah wrote:
HyBr1D wrote:Ah, the traklite... that was one of my first choices.... but the whole 5 lug thing lol... I have a soft spot for 5 spoke ;) and bronze on black... priceless.. :) good choice, my friend.

The first time i saw them, i felt the power and wanted them!

Can you do a 5 lug conversion??

I can but it's a lot of work and money for right now. Meaning, I'd have to buy a set of 5x114.3 wheels/tires along with the complete rear axel, brake lines, the front system and emergency brake line of an SE-R (in the junkyard, which will be a mission to find... here) to do the conversion.

Chances of finding an SE-R in decent shape with it's rims are rare so, looking into aftermarket before hand would be best IMO.
By Mbrice420
eXcude wrote:There's nothing wrong with spacers if used correctly.

Not hating on your choice, it's yours to make. ;)

I'm just saying if you already know what offset you want then why get spacers? Just seems like a waste of money imo.

Unless the wheels you want don't come in the offest u desire then I get ya.

ba7143c1e262b6422e8c678333971f54.jpg
By yogib777
Mbrice420 wrote:
eXcude wrote:There's nothing wrong with spacers if used correctly.

Not hating on your choice, it's yours to make. ;)

I'm just saying if you already know what offset you want then why get spacers? Just seems like a waste of money imo.
Unless the wheels you want don't come in the offest u desire then I get ya.

ba7143c1e262b6422e8c678333971f54.jpg

thats the prob most commonly
4x4.5" bolt pattern limits offset choice
spacers are used to final fit
Imagerotorgood by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

no spacers
Imagelowerd by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

mit spacer
Image57d76311-9165-43a6-bde9-1e1c04b0102e_zpscgflfarz by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

or for track day
you can increase your track width almost 2"

makes a big difference in cornering power
esp with big tires

here stretched 2" for AMP and the dragon
ImageCP3_1856web-ZF-10666-70786-1-001_zps355839a6 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr
By eXcude
I will say that the non-hub centric autozone spacers are sketchy as hell. But spacers are not inherently 'unsafe'. I've done hours upon hours of research before getting my 5mm spacers I needed so I could fit my center caps on. If you start using anything bigger than 5mm you need to get extended studs, if you don't, then yes you are creating an 'unsafe' condition. That's not the spacers fault, that's yours. :D
By powderohyeah

Finally got some dang wheels. Decided on the konig hypergram, race bronze. Its only one pic but i will do a photo shoot with different angles. actually turned out nice with fitment. 17 x 8, +35 offset with 225/45/17

By powderohyeah
I love them!! turned out better then i thought hehe. Im using my all seasons from last year, they are 225/45. Saving up for tires, thats why i kept stock size. Im not gonna lie though i like how beefy they look haha

By eXcude
So they do look good on a Sentra, that was a model I was considering. I bet you love that new stance with the +35.
By eXcude
HyBr1D wrote:
eXcude wrote:So they do look good on a Sentra, that was a model I was considering. I bet you love that new stance with the +35.

MOAR PICS!!!! :P

Yeah you can't say 'I have moar pics' and then not share them.

Rude. :P
By powderohyeah
eXcude wrote:So they do look good on a Sentra, that was a model I was considering. I bet you love that new stance with the +35.

oh my goodness, when i first saw my car with the new wheels and stance i was mesmerized and could not stop looking at my car. There will be more pics to come!!!

By eXcude
powderohyeah wrote:

oh my goodness, when i first saw my car with the new wheels and stance i was mesmerized and could not stop looking at my car. There will be more pics to come!!!

I like the bronze with the black. Works very well.
Winter tire size questions

Ok so i just bought a 2010 spec-v but i need winte[…]

Engine Swap, does VIN matter?

Hey there! Normally I'd give alot of background in[…]

That's just wear n tear, don't start crying until […]

03 nissan sentra gxe

A 2003 SE-R (non-spec) QR25DE with it's automatic […]