2007-2012
By powderohyeah
eXcude wrote:Are you having any issues with your idle? Mine can't seem to stay in one place, it's always moving around. Am I just crazy?

I ask because you have the same bolt ons as me and the garage I took it too blamed the bolts-ons, but I am calling BS.
Ive never had any problems with my bolt ons. No idle problems at all its pretty steady. I dont know if tuning my car with bolt ons made a difference but i also upgraded my plugs to one step colder which are from a 2008 350Z but prior to getting the tune on my car ive never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
By eXcude
My idle is wonky and I'm still getting misfire codes thrown, even after the new ECU :(
By powderohyeah
eXcude wrote:My idle is wonky and I'm still getting misfire codes thrown, even after the new ECU :(
You may not like this option im going to give but have you considered Uprev? Maybe your ecu isnt working well with the bolt ons you have on stock tune. I know a guy thats the NA master at tuning our cars for maximum performance and will tune your parameters to your bolt ons. Ever since i got it tuned the car has been running better then before and with the benefit of more power and better gas mileage is a plus! Im not going to guarantee it will fix your car but this might help...

By eXcude
I told my wife we're either taking it back to Nissan for further diagnosis, then selling it. Or I'm just trading it in. Her response was "I don't want to put another dollar into that car". So that was my answer.

It's frustrating all the work and money I put into it and keeping on top of maintenance and taking good care of it. Just bad luck I guess.

I am happy for you and your SER treating you good, more like jealous :D
By powderohyeah
That always sucks when you put to much into something and ends up being a waste after. Sorry to hear about your Specs issues but you should still consider Uprev.

Any ideas on what next if you decide to trade it??

By eXcude
powderohyeah wrote:That always sucks when you put to much into something and ends up being a waste after. Sorry to hear about your Specs issues but you should still consider Uprev.

Any ideas on what next if you decide to trade it??

I'll be doing the unveiling soon... :P
By powderohyeah
Been awhile since ive posted my car on here, but heres the updated spec, now boosted. Dont have any numbers yet for torque and hp, im running on a base map but getting her tuned on the dyno in a few weeks!Image

By averageJ
powderohyeah wrote:Been awhile since ive posted my car on here, but heres the updated spec, now boosted. Dont have any numbers yet for torque and hp, im running on a base map but getting her tuned on the dyno in a few weeks!Image

Looks like a good set up. Waiting for the performance report.
By powderohyeah
Yeah thanks! Ill be around a little more, as i said ive been on the instagram, facebook pages more because theres alot going on in there. Im keeping the tune pretty safe just because the car has higher mileage and compression got pretty low over the years. Im planning on doing a rebuild by this winter and sleeving the block, dyno results with tune will be coming in the next few weeks!

By powderohyeah
HyBr1D wrote:Making me want to swap in a QR/Build + turbo... +6spd tranny... O.o

Please, explain to me what's going on there and whether or not I need to join... I need to know the concept of what's going on on the "OTHER SIDE" :P
if you got the cash do it! You can get an altima block and a qr head on ebay, and start your build lol.

On Facebook there are a whole bunch of pages im on and even a private chat. If you sign up ill invite you to all the pages and you can post all your stuff on there. Basically almost everyone from allsentra are on these pages

By HyBr1D
I really don't want to revive my old FB account... nor create a new one even though it's solely for the b16... I'm thinking of just dropping off the Sentra with Joe up in GA leaving it there for like half a year and letting him do whatever he wants to it lol... get a beater down here till it's done.
By powderohyeah
HyBr1D wrote:I really don't want to revive my old FB account... nor create a new one even though it's solely for the b16... I'm thinking of just dropping off the Sentra with Joe up in GA leaving it there for like half a year and letting him do whatever he wants to it lol... get a beater down here till it's done.
Joe is ok, but his quality of work has been terrible and it really shows in the community. I wouldnt trust him with your b16 you're better off doing it yourself

By HyBr1D
What a shame... practically nothing good for the b16 and even the "renowned" mechanic of GA is also a fiction lol...

Did you personally install the turbo kit?

I got a guy down here that does fab-work up in Broward county but he is on the pricey side. I would like someone familiar with the QR which is why I looked towards Joe... regardless, having the money or not, I don't think I should take that journey, simply because it might be a future hassle... I would like to swap out the tranny to something more reliable like a 6spd.. but there is a lot of work with that too... not to mention adding more stopping power as well... so it's not a simple here 10k (more than what the car is worth) build and boost... still need another (close to) 4K to swap the se-r brake system and then upgrade it all.

Buying a QR complete block + build 6K~10K
Tranny Swap (Good condition) 3K~4K'
SE-R Brake Swap (Including rear axle probably changing out the bearings) 2K
Big brake kit (not even considering the rear drag braking system) + stainless steel lines 2K~4K

You're looking at close to 16K~20K in performance mods where you could of used that on a down payment on something relevant/new and probably has enough power already from the factory.

Shit, (I'm no Honda fan-boater but..) a Civic Type R with all the bells and whistles and you drop a 20K Down on a 35/38K loaded 300HP car is not a bad trade off considering.

I would of loved to have the B16 @ 300 horses... but that is a feet I'm not willing to go through with a 7 y/o car... and how low the aftermarket support has been and still is.

Have you ever resolved those issues?

powder/2010 Spec V/Canada

What a shame... practically nothing good for the b[…]

Figured I'd do a side by side comparison on the pr[…]

Hope this helps... https://static.carguru[…]