Come introduce yourself before posting, don't be scared
By Deerhurst
Hey guys!

Noobie to the forum. Just snagged a 1999 Sentra GXE Limited tonight. Go and pick it up Monday after work. I don't have any photos yet. It is black and the paint is rough. Seems to run fine. No obvious fluids mixing. Has 292k miles! Yikes! Needs a good bath inside and out. Needs a stereo and the roof liner is falling down. Paid $500 for all that glory! Ha!

I've been a Nissan guy since highschool. I still drive my first rig almost 10 years later. I've got a 1986.5 Nissan Hardbody SE-V6 4x4 with a JDM VG33 swapped in with long tube headers and a 6 puck ceramic clutch among other mild things. Now I've got this rig I can save on fuel and get the mini truck set up for a blower! Pretty sure like it is now it'll waste the little Sentra in a strait line! Its a fun little rig, well known over on Infamous Nissan.

What should I be looking out for in the little Sentra?

Hope to have fun and be able to contribute to the forum!
By Deerhurst
First things will be to get a stereo in it, get the LCA replaced and get rid of that fart cannon for something that is more civilized. The truck is more of my toy but I can barely manage 17MPG and I'm 30 miles from work. Maybe later I'll do a rebuild and refresh with some mild mods, cams and a header. I'll probably find some headlights that are not yellow and do a projector retrofit on them with some elcheapo projectors. I've got Morimoto Mini D2S square lens in the truck.

Also needs the cruise control buttons that mount on the steering wheel. What are those called?

Also need an LED compatible flasher unit since someone just stuffed LEDs into it and didn't fix the hyper flash.

Overall it needs a little TLC and I'm OCD with cars.
By Deerhurst
This little eco box is doing really good on fuel. 170 miles on just over a 1/4 tank. Pretty happy with that. My truck is usually finishing gallon #10 by that point. I'm sure the truck is faster too! Don't want to know what it gets when being flogged. Managed 3.8MPG flogging my old motor and the new one is bigger and badder.

A buddy of mine is building a 1000HP twin turbo camero and a 700HP 1/2 ton pickup for DD duties. He said he needed to slow down after doing 190MPH on the highway on his street bike and deciding he didn't want to be and organ donor. He thinks a 700HP daily means slowing down! Crazy dude!

The little car looks day and night difference inside and out just from cleaning it. Got fed up with the AutoZone 8 ball shifter knob and designed and 3D printed a new one last night. Found a bad wheel bearing and have parts on order to do that. The LCA will wait until I get around to it. With a tape measure you can tell the wheel is shifted but it apparently aligns just fine. Some sketchy wiring involving wire nuts had been done to the poor thing.

Still unsure what's up with the cruise. The light comes on on the switch but nothing else. Not even a flicker of the light on the dash.
By Deerhurst
Super late reply.

I'm getting about 32MPG out of it. Not too shabby! Got the super sketchy wheel bearing done and I got some working front speakers, cross overs and tweeters in it for free. The tweeter install looks like crap but it's the perfect location for sound quality. Had to get new tires for it too. The rears had jacked up beads and we're a size smaller than the fronts. It doesn't look so ghetto now.

The oil filter location is an utter PITA!

The headlights suck. Compared to the lights I built for my truck I feel like I'm navigating by the light from a match stick. Lots of horrible forelight and no throw. Maybe I'll do a cheap projector retrofit on it. Maybe. I feel like I've already put too much time and effort into it.
By AshikRahman
Deerhurst wrote:First things will be to get a stereo in it, get the LCA replaced and get rid of that fart cannon for something that is more civilized. The truck is more of my toy but I can barely manage 17MPG and I'm 30 miles from work. Maybe later I'll do a rebuild and refresh with some mild mods, cams and a header. I'll probably find some headlights that are not yellow and do a projector retrofit on them with some elcheapo projectors. I've got Morimoto Mini D2S square lens in the truck.

Also needs the cruise control buttons that mount on the steering wheel. What are those called?

Also need an LED compatible flasher unit since someone just stuffed LEDs into it and didn't fix the hyper flash.

Overall it needs a little TLC and I'm OCD with cars.

how big would you go on the rims size since stock is 16?

yes i am finding luck with body mods . Showbox […]

My business Page

Every business owner must be using the Search Engi[…]

2010 Sentra issue

I have a 2010 Nissan Sentra and it was having a cr[…]

Are the items still for sale? I think the OP is l[…]